I could really use some help and advice. WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

I could really use some help and advice. WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

I could really use some help and advice. WHIR 100%

Postby Jeff Kearns » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Ok, I've been a very avid football fan my whole life and have always kept track of stats and everything, but this is my first year playing fantasy football. I spent a year advising my father-in-law in his first year playing on what to do and he won the championship. That was two years ago. So this season I finally decided to play. I thought I'd put together a monster team through trades and the waiver wire, but somehow I find myself sitting at 3-3 and 6th in a 10-team, non-PPR, standard scoring league. I have a few ideas on how to improve, but I would really like some opinions on my ideas and ANY ideas you all may have. I will also be glad to lend a helping hand on anything you have, but leave a link and I will help you.

Here's my roster at this exact moment:

QB: Drew Brees (New Orleans)
RB: Adrian Peterson (Minnesota)
RB: Steven Jackson (St. Louis)
WR: Roddy White (Atlanta)
WR: Steve Smith (Carolina)
TE: Tony Gonzales (Atlanta}
Flex: Dez Bryant (Dallas)
K: John Kasay (New Orleans)
DEF/ST: Dallas Cowboys

Bench:
QB Matthew Stafford (Detroit)
RB Jackie Battle (Kansas City)
RB Felix Jones (Dallas)
WR Andre Johnson (Houston)
WR Vincent Jackson (San Diego)
TE Vernon Davis (San Francisco)

I usually start Vernon Davis, but he has a bye this week. And I've had Stephen Gostkowski as my kicker up until this point, but I just dropped him cause he has a bye, although I plan to pick him back up as soon as the week is over. My defense has been different every week. I'm kind of playing the best matchup of whoever is available.

Here's my ideas and problems:

Drew Brees has been throwing way to many INTs, but I don't think I could get rid of him. However, I was wondering if I should try and trade Stafford and pick up Tebow as a backup. What do you think?

Felix Jones has just gotten hurt. So should I release him? Or save him for a few weeks until he's healthy?

I know I'm deep at WR and I should try to trade one of them for another solid RB. I am leaning towards trading White. He's been unproductive and is a big name so I could get decent value.

I need to get rid of one of my TEs. I have to keep Gonzales for at least this week cause of Davis' bye, but I know I don't need both of them on my roster. So who should I trade? Vernon Davis or Tony Gonzales?

I'd like a solid defense rather than flip-flopping every week. I have the Bengals, Lions, and Giants D available, but I don't know if I trust any of them.

I'd really appreciate any advice guys. I really wanna make these playoffs.
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I could really use some help and advice. WHIR 100%

Postby Pickles » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Alright here is my thoughts

Stafford - Keep him, don't give away a 1st string QB for a backup QB

White - i'd trade high for a solid RB or RB1 & RB 2 its a sell high time for him.

Jones - i would try to maybe trade him away for a Team D like Clevland but if they aren't avail then i'd stay with Dal or Det etc

Davis / Gonzales - you could trade VDavis as he's done nothing this year but you need to have a back up so thats the problem. If you can get Fred Davis maybe then i d trade Vernon for a RB.

hope this helps

Mine viewtopic.php?t=505025
Pickles
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings