Drop Winslow for Ballard?--WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Drop Winslow for Ballard?--WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drop Winslow for Ballard?--WHIR

Postby betacheer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Should I drop Winslow for Jake Ballard (Giants)? Winsuck has been a total disappointment so far this season. Is it premature to dump him for Ballard (who seems to be improving each week)? With Hicks, Manningham and Cruz, defenses cannot pay as much attention to him.
betacheer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drop Winslow for Ballard?--WHIR

Postby JamonaX » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 pm

If you have any option of keeping winslow and trying out Ballard to see how he goes I would do that. Winslow has the potential to do something at any time, but i see Ballard as continuing a decent year. Not to much of a upgrade, but you cant keep both for a bit i would do the transaction.

Help with mine viewtopic.php?t=504913
Last edited by JamonaX on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamonaX
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby PrinceEatMeat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 pm

No, it's not premature. I'd do it. Winslow isn't worth much of anything.

Please help with mine!
viewtopic.php?t=504889
PrinceEatMeat
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nkgangew » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Again, thanks for helping me out. Your link didn't actually contain a link for some reason, and you have 2 threads, so I'm going to answer in both. I can't stress enough how worthless I think Winslow is. I don't think he ever recovered from that stupid motorcycle accident he had. There's a girl in my league who I kept telling her to drop winslow for Gresham, but that ship has sailed. I dislike Winslow so much, that I'd literally rather okay match ups using the wore each week rather than putting him in my starting line up. That being said, I'd obviously suggest dropping winslow.....FOR ANYONE!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
nkgangew
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks for your help with mine. Im like the other guy, your link didnt work but I found this post that you made yesterday.

I know there are a lot of Winslow haters out there (I've drafted and dropped Winslow multiple years) and he's done very little this year to help his cause. But I really like Winslow this week and Im using him as a bye week filler in a couple of my leagues. Remember this, Tampa Bay was 10-6 last year and was a very good ball club and Freeman has shown flashes that he can be a top 10-15 QB (He was the #7 overall QB last year in most Standard Leagues). Winslow is 2nd on the team in targets with 49, 1st in receptions with 27, and 2nd in yards with 257. The only thing that is missing are the almighty important stat, TDs. And this week, I think he'll get his first one of the season.

He's facing a Bears Defense that has given up the #1 most points in the league to opposing TE's this season, a whopping 74.9 points in total!! Lets take a look game by game.

Chicago D vs. Opposing TE
Week 1: vs. Atlanta (Tony Gonzalez) - 5rec - 72yds - 0td - 7.2 pts
Week 2: @ NO (Jimmy Graham) - 7rec - 80yds - 0td - 8 pts
Week 3: vs. GB (Jermichael Finley) - 7rec - 85yds - 3tds - 26.5 pts
Week 4: vs. Car (Olsen/Shockey) - 7rec - 91yds - 1td - 15.1 pts
Week 5: @ Det (Pettigrew) - 6rec - 52yds - 1td - 11.2 pts
Week 6: vs. Min (Shianco/Rudolph) - 8rec - 69yds - 0td - 6.9 pts

Those stats have me salivating this week to start Winslow!!!! (Insert Homer Simpson drooling)
The lowest output was by the Vikings, my crappy Vikings still managed to put up 6.9 pts against this defense out of the TE position. Freeman is a much better QB than McNabb at this point in his career and Winslow is ahead of Shianco for sure but Rudolph simply hasn’t seen the field enough to say anything about. In truth, I really like what I’ve seen in Rudolph and I think this is Shianco’s last year.

START WINSLOW!!! Don’t question it, don’t look back. He’s gold this week.

Especially since Ballard is on his bye this week, if he’s still on waivers he’s not going anywhere. I’d say if Winslow does nothing against this Bears D, then yes, its time to drop him and make the switch to Ballard. But Winslow I think will help you win this week. GL!!
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions