Kevin Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Kevin Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Smith

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Why is Kevin Smith an afterthought in Detroit with the present RB situation? How is this guy being ignored? What can you Motor City Heads tell me that i'm missing?
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevin Smith

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Kevin Smith lost his chance to play in the league when his knees just wouldn't hold up. Coming back from knee surgery it was evident that he has lost a few steps. No burst and little elusiveness, that was diminished further when he bulked up to try and fill the role of short yardage back. Just got slower and still fell down on contact. I hope he managed his money well and is adjusting well to life as an ex-NFL players.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 pm

You mean this Kevin Smith
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm

dream_017 wrote:You mean this Kevin Smith

So what do you think? Does this mean Best is done for the season? What role does Smith, a slow creaky kneed RB have on this team? Are the Lions that tight that they cannot find or pay someone else who may have something to offer. I would rather have Aaron 'wrong way' Hill than Smith. Morris and Williams can so all that Smith did.
Really makes me worry that Best's concussion issues are worse that being reported. :-t

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:You mean this Kevin Smith

So what do you think? Does this mean Best is done for the season? What role does Smith, a slow creaky kneed RB have on this team? Are the Lions that tight that they cannot find or pay someone else who may have something to offer. I would rather have Aaron 'wrong way' Hill than Smith. Morris and Williams can so all that Smith did.
Really makes me worry that Best's concussion issues are worse that being reported. :-t

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they end up shutting him down for the year - it may not come as a final announcement until after Thanksgiving, but I just don't see him being back this year. Not sure who else is out there - Morris and Williams will carry most of the load in the backfield, so anyone they bring in is going to get little if any playing time - not sure if Eldra even dressed for a game??
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:45 pm

dream_017 wrote:- not sure if Eldra even dressed for a game??

Don't think so, predictibly they cut him.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Detroit Lions