MJD & P Harvin for DJAX & Schaub?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

MJD & P Harvin for DJAX & Schaub??

Moderator: Football Moderators

MJD & P Harvin for DJAX & Schaub??

Postby jmo5107 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 am

I need some advice on a trade i was offered. I would be getting MJD and Percy Harvin, and would be giving up Desean Jackson and Matt Schaub. I have Cam as my starting QB, so losing Schaub wouldnt hurt too much. Ive got Chris Johnson, Mendenhall, and Best for my backs, so if i get MJD ill probably try to trade one of them for a good receiver. Just need some outside input...thanks in advance
jmo5107
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: MJD & P Harvin for DJAX & Schaub??

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:53 am

jmo5107 wrote:I need some advice on a trade i was offered. I would be getting MJD and Percy Harvin, and would be giving up Desean Jackson and Matt Schaub. I have Cam as my starting QB, so losing Schaub wouldnt hurt too much. Ive got Chris Johnson, Mendenhall, and Best for my backs, so if i get MJD ill probably try to trade one of them for a good receiver. Just need some outside input...thanks in advance

So, if you do it, you'd try to flip CJ, Best, or Mendy for a good WR, but you're giving up DJax for MJD. Best, who knows if he'll be back, this is the 2nd concussion for him this year and he had concussion problems in college. I'd probably do this, but it depends on your WR's too, if you have good depth at WR and can stand to lose DJax in order to gain MJD I'd go for it. I guess you're worried about Best, but you'd be pretty solid with CJ, Mendy and MJD, and if Best comes back you can flip him then, if you have good depth at WR then go for it, even if you dont, I think it may be worth thinking about since WR tends to be an easier spot to fill then RB. Just for fun, who are the rest of your RB's and WR's?
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby jmo5107 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:25 am

WR: djax, brandon lloyd, julio jones, baldwin, breaston, plax, crabtree, and braylon edwards. Im pretty weak at WR, which is why i want to trade one of my RB for a more reliable WR than jackson.
RB: cj, mende, best, bush
jmo5107
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:57 am

I would do the deal. But I think getting Harvin just puts more of the "slightly above average" WR's on your team. I dont think you are weak at WR with Desean, Lloyd, Julio, Baldwin... Those guys are very serviceable. I understand wanting to get someone else to deal with Desean and his boom or bust status. Great when he booms, not so much when he doesnt.

If thinking if you are weak at WR, then why are you trading away your best one? Do you think you could then flip Schaub and Julio for like a top ten WR?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions