Huge dynasty offer, help me counter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Huge dynasty offer, help me counter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Huge dynasty offer, help me counter

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:59 am

I was offered a crazy trade:
2.03./3.03 picks
Benn, Branch and Decker
for my Ponder+Mendenhall

I want to trade for a WR, but not 1 old aging WR, a WR buried on T. Bay depth chart and Decker who is now the #1 in Denver but I don't know know how he projects long term.

He owns DJax DHB Baldwin and Steve Smith as well as the 3 WR he offered.

Help me construct a counter offer. He's also interested in Ponder. He's offered me a couple different offers for him.

His roster: http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/team?lea ... mId=119568
My roster: http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/team?lea ... mId=112944

Thanks.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Huge dynasty offer, help me counter

Postby nyr199435 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:09 pm

I don't like the initial offer, you're right in trying to come up with a counter. Giving up Mendenhall for those three guys is a bum deal. Decker becomes a bit of a question mark with Tebow at the helm, despite taking over the WR1 slot. If he really wants Ponder and Mendenhall, aim high first. See if he'll do Steve Smith and DHB, or if he's buying in to the DHB hype, Steve Smith and Branch.
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby plapre3 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure exactly what to offer, but I don't love his options either. I doubt Decker is anything special long-term and Branch's value is probably similar to it's current place, but I do like Benn. He's not that buried on the depth chart, standing now as the WR2, and he's playing better of late. Lets not forget that he was drafted to be their stud WR1 but struggled because of injuries. At the very least, kick the tires on DHB, but I'm not a huge fan of his anyway.

Why not just go for gold and offer Mendenhall and Ponder for DJax. He's the kind of talent that you want to snag in a dynasty league. Other than that, maybe guys like Julio Jones or AJ Green make better targets.

Thanks for the help on mine.
plapre3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:39 pm

plapre3 wrote:Hmm. I'm not sure exactly what to offer, but I don't love his options either. I doubt Decker is anything special long-term and Branch's value is probably similar to it's current place, but I do like Benn. He's not that buried on the depth chart, standing now as the WR2, and he's playing better of late. Lets not forget that he was drafted to be their stud WR1 but struggled because of injuries. At the very least, kick the tires on DHB, but I'm not a huge fan of his anyway.

Why not just go for gold and offer Mendenhall and Ponder for DJax. He's the kind of talent that you want to snag in a dynasty league. Other than that, maybe guys like Julio Jones or AJ Green make better targets.

Thanks for the help on mine.

Mendy and Ponder for Desean sounds doable. I know hes very hit or miss but when he hits its a homer. Also, I would not really want Julio now, as I heard he just said he does not think he will be back until week 10?... And Green is also someone to look at. Maybe even easier to get than Desean but im not sure since its dynasty.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Well Mendy has great value. I feel like I would be shortchanging myself offering mendy and not getting a good young player back in return.

How about my Mendy and Ponder for his DJax and 2nd and 3rd
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:57 pm

MadDog36 wrote:Well Mendy has great value. I feel like I would be shortchanging myself offering mendy and not getting a good young player back in return.

Yeah ill be honest I have never played in a dynasty league. I can however understand how age is a huge part of it. Mendy and Ponder for Desean and a second would seem good to me.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SEAfense71 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Decker had -4 (negative four!) receiving yards in Tebow's first game. Tebow is a more mobile quarterback and has a propensity to run. Not to say Decker can't or won't put up solid numbers going forward, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
MadDog36 wrote:Well Mendy has great value. I feel like I would be shortchanging myself offering mendy and not getting a good young player back in return.

Yeah ill be honest I have never played in a dynasty league. I can however understand how age is a huge part of it. Mendy and Ponder for Desean and a second would seem good to me.

I agree.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:48 pm

I would shoot for the same picks and dhb, and Baldwin. You'd be getting solid wr players who are young.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Lenny6 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks for helping me. I've never played in a dynasty league or one that uses defensive players and I have no idea how to value those picks. How many do you keep? Are those only rookies? From the players I would want more for Mendenhall. Maybe Mendenhall for DeSean Jackson?
Lenny6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions