Gates, Watson or pick up Ballard? WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Gates, Watson or pick up Ballard? WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gates, Watson or pick up Ballard? WHIR!!

Postby 2b-or-not-2b » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Has anyone seen any news/info/hints that would lead us to believe that Gates is really good to go? Anybody have any inside info or connections to the Chargers organization?

Everything I have read about Gates is very cautious about his injury/return. They say he will play but he does not appear to be anywhere near 100%. FWIW (for what it's worth) ESPN projects Gates to have 1 point.

Watson gets a consistently high number of targets each week and will certainly get me some points. ESPN is projecting him to have 10 points this week, FWIW. I dropped Clark and picked up Watson a few weeks ago as a stop gap till Gates returns, or so I hoped.

I'm in a 12 team league, therefore pickings are slim. I have lost 4 starters to IR so far (looks like it may be 5 with Best) and only have 5 waiver picks left at the half-way point in the regular fantasy season. I just picked up Murray to replace Best while Jones is out with his ankle. After this week I will use one waiver spot to pick up a kicker next week unless I decide to concede. Next week I'm going against the only team that is undefeated so I might do well to conserve my waiver pick or maybe trade for a kicker if it looks like I have any chance to win next week.

If Gates is OK then all is moot. I can go with my original plan to drop Watson and pick up Dalton for Stafford's bye week. If Gates is not able to perform consistently then I'm wanting to drop Watson and pickup Ballard.

Bottom line: Can I trust Gates return/foot or not?

I'm sure you guys (and gals) have heard the term "analysis paralysis". Well, now you've met him.

Thanks for your feedback. Include your link and I WHIR!!

2b-or-not-2b
2b-or-not-2b
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench