Trade Help...WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Help...WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trade Help...WHIR!!

Postby SEAfense71 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 pm

jasondhoffmann wrote:I had Colston, and he is hit or miss. U have Austin, and solid nobrainer start no matter what. Ur depth at rb needs help, and i think Battle could give u that. U r in first place though so I wouldnt rush into it. But then Battle tears it up this week, he will withdraw most likely. Ahh the gamble of fantasy.....

Hit or miss? He put up almost 100 yards in the season opener before breaking his collarbone and going out the next couple weeks. They were slowly working him back onto the field with limited snap counts. Last week was the first time he was totally healthy and without a numbered snap count and he responded with a big game. Look at his career production - he's extremely consistent. Around 1,000+ yards and 8 TD average every year he's been in the league.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wheels » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks fellas, greatly appreciate your feedback. I ended up accepting the deal and will roll with Austin/Nicks at WR and hope that Battle can be a quality contributor. The kicker was the upcoming TB bye, which gives me a solid option next week and with Jones already in the fold, hopefully KC can establish a solid running game. At the very least I can move Scott to the Benson owner or trade one of the RB tandems in few weeks, if needed. Best of luck to you all.
"You play to win the game!"
wheels
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby N.E. Challengers » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:31 pm

If you are primarily looking to get your RB bench stronger, then I think you should do it. IMO, Cruz and the TE are becoming Manning's go-to targets. Colston has definitely taken a back seat to Graham and arguably Sproles. Battie may not be any better than a low 2/high 3, but K.C. doesn't have many options to turn to. In other words, Battie is going to get the touches.

I would do it.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=505211
N.E. Challengers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SEAfense71 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:49 pm

N.E. Challengers wrote:If you are primarily looking to get your RB bench stronger, then I think you should do it. IMO, Cruz and the TE are becoming Manning's go-to targets. Colston has definitely taken a back seat to Graham and arguably Sproles. Battie may not be any better than a low 2/high 3, but K.C. doesn't have many options to turn to. In other words, Battie is going to get the touches.

I would do it.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=505211

First off, Cruz is not becoming one of Manning's go-to targets, as evidenced by Manningham's team high 8 targets last week and Cruz's two receptions for 12 yards.

As far as Colston, 7 receptions, 118 yards and a touchdown is backseat? Really? Jimmy Graham posted 7 receptions for 124 yards last week. I'd say that's about even.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby unkle » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:22 am

the kansas city chiefs have a tough schedule ahead as well

colston has produced in the past maybe get something more real
please help with my team, WHIR

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537880
unkle
Defensive Assistant