IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm the commish, and one of the 2 parties involved in the trade. It has been called into question by one of the other members in our league.

THE TRADE IS:
I (and I am in 1st place) acquired Calvin Johnson and Mike Tolbert
from
My cousin (who is in last place)
He acquired M. Colston, J. Best, M. Morris, J. Starks, DeMarco Murray

5 for 2

His team had know depth, the only good player he had was CJohnson. He used him to gain 4 solid players(all of which immediately went into his starting lineup. Yeah Colston is no CJohnson, but Colston is on a prolific offense with Drew Brees, and is starting to show real strong stats/points. Yeah Best is hurt, but he has Morris in case, and the Lions offense is good now so Morris will have plenty of opportunity if Best stays out. Yeah Starks is not great, but he is the starting RB for the Super Bowl Champs. Yeah DeMarco Murray is unproven but he is now the starter for the Cowboys and they are a potent offense, and he is expected to do big things.

No doubt CJohnson is a super amazing fantasy player, but I gave up 5 players for him, and all of those players I gave up are now in my cousins starting lineup. If anything, I feared people would think it was lopsided the other way...

Thoughts?
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:37 pm

If it helps his team get better, while helping your team get better....than no its a FAIR trade...if you guys are splitting the pot at the end of the season if you win they yes its SHADY.
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SEAfense71 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:03 pm

jasondhoffmann wrote:It has been called into question by one of the other members in our league.

You can trade whoever you want. There is no such thing as a "shady" trade. Someone is always trying to gain the upper hand. Tell him to !@#$ off. Who cares?
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby snemacheck » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:16 pm

As long as you two aren't colluding all is good. If it is collusion than you already know the answer and what to do, or in this case, what not to do.
snemacheck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Lets make this VERY CLEAR... I am in no way colluding. I would never do that, I am honest, and never cheat!

100%

Just stick to the trade and what u think about that, thats all, trust me, it took me 24 straight hours of texts and phone calls, and 5 players to make this trade go through!!!!!
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wheels » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Just looking at the players involved, you got the best player in the deal, by a wide margin. The question is, did he improve his team to be more competitive? Yes, it was 5 for 2, but chances are he will have to drop 3 players to get his roster legal. I probably would not have made the deal, but I also don't know the makeup of the rosters. In the end, if both owners traded with good intentions, then it really is not for the other owners to decide.
"You play to win the game!"
wheels
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twelve Inch Ditka » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Trades are what they are....trades. so leave it at that....you made your team better in your eyes...and he made his better....end story. People get bent outta shape on trades cause they weren't invited to the party....I see this all the time...no trade should ever go to Veto...a league or LM should have no bearing on why a trade should or shouldn't go through...if i agree to a trade with another team and they agree on it its a done deal...
Twelve Inch Ditka
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SEAfense71 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:41 pm

jasondhoffmann wrote:Lets make this VERY CLEAR... I am in no way colluding. I would never do that, I am honest, and never cheat!

100%

Just stick to the trade and what u think about that, thats all, trust me, it took me 24 straight hours of texts and phone calls, and 5 players to make this trade go through!!!!!

lol. Are you for real? You're acting as if this is a serious issue by emphasizing the "VERY CLEAR" part. It's fantasy football. We don't need to be "VERY CLEAR" on anything about your intentions because it's irrelevant. People come here to get advice on players and matchups, not morals and the type of person you are. No one cares.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Seafense you love to use qoutations... lol
Are u one of these guys that does that in person too? Always doing finger quotes.
Lay off the 5hrNRG my man
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Red Winger » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:29 am

Trade seems fair to me. People only get upset about trades they think are unfair when they are not the ones in the trade.
The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead.
Chuck Noll
Red Winger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions