IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: IS THIS TRADE UNFAIR or SHADY ??? WHIR

Postby liono123 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:37 am

Trades are trades, but if this is a money league I'd ask for my money back and wouldn't play with you again. And if this isn't a money league, who cares?

You traded a bunch of garbage + Colston for the best WR in the league, and being in first place you're pretty much guaranteeing yourself the championship. You're trading with the last place team (out of playoff contention) and your cousin, so this stinks of shadiness.

I'm sure you're not colluding, you're just trying to make your team better, but it really is a lopsided trade. Who is he dropping for all these waiver wire trash RBs?
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Winger » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:46 am

ammending my earlier reply: the one thing about this trade that would raise a flag is that you are the commisioner. If you weren't, then it would be just people bitching about a trade they didn't like, but a commissioner must stay away from anything that could even seem to be questionable, or else it can be misconstrued as abuse of power (however harmless the intention). Otherwise you will lose players and/or your position as commisioner. I am commisioner of a league that is 10 years old, and believe me, we have had our controversies; This one would be argued for weeks, and at least cost us an owner. I'd re-consider.
it doesn't mean you can't make good trades, but if it is something that you feel the need to question and gain outside opinion, then imagine how those in your league feel.
The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead.
Chuck Noll
Red Winger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eromano33 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:03 am

not shady
eromano33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff