rb help - Battle or Murray? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

rb help - Battle or Murray? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutant.enemy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:08 am

Need to pick up a rb for the bye, standard league.

starting Forte
can pick up either Battle (at Oak) or Murray (vs Rams).

I think Battle may get more touches, but I am also starting Dwayne Bowe at wr....not sure I want to rely that much on KC.
Last edited by mutant.enemy on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mutant.enemy Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: rb help please WHIR

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:10 am

Your right...Battle will get more touches and is the better play.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Re: rb help - Battle or Murray? WHIR

Postby myke612 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 am

I like Battle this week as well. Think KC keeps it on the ground early.
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mtsimon24 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 am

If Battle is still on your wire.......RUN dont waste anytime and pick him up now. Hes gonna be the guy going forward.
Mtsimon24
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby oOSkyvisionOo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:49 am

I like battle as well
oOSkyvisionOo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Captain Crunch » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 pm

So much for the great sages of the forum. I too started Battle and left Murray sitting on the bench. I lost my game by 25 points. Check the numbers and do the math. I start Murray and I win. Oh well........
Captain Crunch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby curly » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:38 pm

I started Murray, and still would have started him over Battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
curly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 60)

Postby prince_45243 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Just something I've noticed as a poster here. Usually people read the answers that follow a post and then usually, they agree with them and say so. And the more answers you get the more 'conservative' the answer becomes too. So if you want to double check an answer, ask it again with a new thread on a different night or time of day. BTW, battle did get his touches and may have had two scores had they not gone with McClain and the direct snap to ____ (can't remember). I don't think anyone could have seen that happening. Battle was also the break out the week before, Murray was as yet 'sight unseen' and in fairness, Battle still looks like the back to own in KC.

Hindsight is always better but don't be too hard on the "sages" on this forum. As someone said to me before, if I had known the answer, I wouldn't have asked the question.
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby GiantsFanSTL » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

prince_45243 wrote:Just something I've noticed as a poster here. Usually people read the answers that follow a post and then usually, they agree with them and say so. And the more answers you get the more 'conservative' the answer becomes too. So if you want to double check an answer, ask it again with a new thread on a different night or time of day. BTW, battle did get his touches and may have had two scores had they not gone with McClain and the direct snap to ____ (can't remember). I don't think anyone could have seen that happening. Battle was also the break out the week before, Murray was as yet 'sight unseen' and in fairness, Battle still looks like the back to own in KC.

Hindsight is always better but don't be too hard on the "sages" on this forum. As someone said to me before, if I had known the answer, I wouldn't have asked the question.

I agree completely with this. I've noticed that most people agree with the person above them, and I am guilty of it at times, too. (The name that you're looking for on the direct snap is Javier Arenas, btw)

As for me, I started Murray in a league that I'm 5-1 in and started Battle in a league that I'm 3-3 in. I won in both leagues, but keep this in mind: Battle will most likely be the main back in Kansas City the rest of the season if he continues to produce, while Murray, although blowing up on a poor Ram's defense, still may lose some touches here and there once Felix Jones recovers from his injury, and still has to share the backfield with Tashard Choice. Good luck.
GiantsFanSTL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Captain Crunch » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

I put myself in that group of sages in my reply. I read the threads, looked at the numbers and rolled with Battle. It was the wrong move, but I showed myself that I over-analyzed every choice I made this week. Bottom line was the Cowboy were at home against a poor defense and Murray was a hungry rookie looking to impress.
Captain Crunch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench