"Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

"Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!"

Moderator: Football Moderators

"Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!"

Postby SEAfense71 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm

This was the overwhelming consensus I got here, as well as the consensus from almost ever analyst or expert I read. Torain got me negative points and battle had 7.5. Meanwhile, Murray is on waivers in both of my leagues and just put up 253 yards and a touchdown for 31 points.. I doubt Felix Jones will be the starter again after that performance. Swing and a miss. That really stings.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: "Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!"

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Sometimes it just does not work out. Its the reason they play the game. I know it sucks, trust me. I once lost a thousand dollars on a 3rd and 19 run completion by Deangelo Williams. I feel for you though.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Bronco_7 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:12 pm

This was the overwhelming consensus I got here, as well as the consensus from almost ever analyst or expert I read.

You ask for advice and that is exactly what it is. You are free to play whoever you have or can pick up. Personally, I never would have recommended Torain in that mess. Battle however, made sense. He looked like he would be the workhorse this week. However, he was not. That is how it goes. Hindsight is 20-20. I have taken advice on here before that did not work out, but I did not complain about it after the fact.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby SEAfense71 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Bronco_7 wrote:
This was the overwhelming consensus I got here, as well as the consensus from almost ever analyst or expert I read.

You ask for advice and that is exactly what it is. You are free to play whoever you have or can pick up. Personally, I never would have recommended Torain in that mess. Battle however, made sense. He looked like he would be the workhorse this week. However, he was not. That is how it goes. Hindsight is 20-20. I have taken advice on here before that did not work out, but I did not complain about it after the fact.

I'm not blaming the people I took advice from. You're right, hindsight is always 20-20. But this is the "Commentery, Cheering & Venting" subforum - and I'm venting. If you have a problem with people venting their frustrations, maybe you shouldn't post here.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bronco_7 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Sorry, I have no problem with people venting. Particularly when the players that they expect to do well underachieve. It just seemed to me like you were pointing the finger at those who gave you advice, as the reason that you made the wrong choice. Vent all you want but don't blame others for bad choices.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby SEAfense71 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm mocking public consensus, which I also was apart of. The guy almost broke the rushing record in his first career start, and I shouldn't be upset by unanimous public opinion that said to start other players?
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:05 pm

SEAfense71 wrote: and I shouldn't be upset by unanimous public opinion that said to start other players?

actually, the question is should you be upset by that? You asked for and went with advice from others and it didnt' work out. it happens. Probably shouldn't upset anyone when they make a wrong call in FF. I do it twenty or so times a week.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby FFslacker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:08 pm

I seem to be doing it all this season. :-b Can't catch a break for anything.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:30 pm

FFslacker wrote:I seem to be doing it all this season. :-b Can't catch a break for anything.

Same here, and nobody puts in more time than me. I just lost cause the Colts are losing on purpose to get Luck.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:52 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote: I just lost cause the Colts are losing on purpose to get Luck.

Indy's not losing on purpose... it surprises no one that the Saints are beating them.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting