"Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

"Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: "Don't play Murray. Play Battle & Torain instead!"

Postby FFslacker » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
FFslacker wrote:I seem to be doing it all this season. :-b Can't catch a break for anything.

Same here, and nobody puts in more time than me. I just lost cause the Colts are losing on purpose to get Luck.

Same as well. I pay attention to what defenses are susceptible to and gauge match-ups on more than just numbers and names. But I keep getting beat down by the people plugging in someone just because they have a higher projection. Karma is coming to collect on me after running the table in my league for the past 5 years. :*)
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScottyKitz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 am

Always tough to second guess yourself, only to see the road less traveled reap reward. I picked up Murray and dropped him for Maurice Morris Saturday night (I know). Sometimes you just have to go with your gut. The majority seemed to be that Cam Newton/Steve Smith were flashes in the pan after week 1, and I was told that I should trade Cam for Matt Ryan or Ryan Fitzpatrick on consecutive weeks (with sound logical rationale). As you can see, things change. This is why they play the game. Better luck with future decisions. :-)
ScottyKitz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:50 pm

SEAfense71 wrote:I'm not blaming anyone. I'm mocking public consensus, which I also was apart of. The guy almost broke the rushing record in his first career start, and I shouldn't be upset by unanimous public opinion that said to start other players?

Guess you missed my analysis....
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=505084
Dolfan19 wrote:and for your flex, i see two good options in battle and murray. both these guys are new and both of their matchups are great, so I would go with Murray since the Cowboys offense is better, and he was a high draft pick while battle went undrafted. I also watched murray last week and he looked really good, while Choice fumbled the ball away. so I am predicting he will get the lion's share of the carries. thanks for the help with mine.

and i missed getting him last week by 1 WW priority level... :~( (and to the team leading me and my division by 1 game :-[ )
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Yeah, that stinks. If it helps, and it won't, I picked him up and watched him light up my bench while Torain gave me a Shanurism.
Now the question is does Murray rip apart the Dream team next Sunday?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting