Serious issue or all in my head? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Serious issue or all in my head?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Serious issue or all in my head?

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Ok guys here is the skinny:

We have a rebuilding team project in our league on fleaflicker. I am concerned about the following:

What is questionable:

- 1) Its the guy's g/f so he claims. But I am concerned. His team is called Lion's Roar and her team is Den of LIons. Suspicious a bit.

- 2) The email given for the account was startrek. Sorry, I do not know any StarTrek female fans that much. FFL yea but not ST. I find that to be a bit suspicious.

+/- 3) She wanted the team due to the fact it had Lions players on it. I even went into FA and added a couple more for the team to get its maximum enjoyment.

- 4) H

Now the good:
+ 4) He has been very trustworthy up to this point. He's been in the league since we started and has never pulled any questionable trades or waiver wire add/drops.

+ 5) One questionable trade came up a year or two ago and he was adamant about the deal being turned away so that makes me think he has some knowledge of fair play.

+ 6) He also fussed at one of our league members for griping about his griping about every little thing. (mainly fussing about having offsite draft instead of using site draft software - until this year FF draft software had its bugs).

+ 7) (a) The one draft he missed (communication lacking) he warned us and let us know he was going to be busy and could not draft but wanted to remain in the league and when he was booted after excessive past the time he gave us he begged to be back in the league he actually took another team that a guy said he was not returning this year and took that team over. So this shows dedication to the league.

I am a bit concerned with this post though:

Maves 2 Hrs
Lions, Lions and more Lions...
Did I already ask this... are we talkin Detroit or somewhere else?

The above posts regularly on the cafe here and is normally the one complaining or crying foul, but this time its ME. Is the above post trying to declare shenanigans w/o coming out and saying so?

HELP. Do you think I should
A) (left message with he and his g/f to call me on conference) so I can speak to the both of them.

B) Boot the supposed g/f out of the league on the evidence that seems on the outside looking in to be pretty circumstantial, but damning anyway.

C) Boot the suspected 'colluter' (in this case multiple team owner) too despite dedication and his faith in the league.

D) Do nothing, its all in my head, but keep a close eye on both team's activities and at the first sign of collusion boot them both.

See: I do not know any females that are huge star trek fans, I mean come on. Females doing FFL's yes, I know I used to do a work league and we had two in that and one in my old baseball league. I can only go on my own experience and knowledge.

I'm trying to run a fair ship, this league has been around couple years now. A comment 'he' made has me a bit suspicious:

If Hightowers zero play/zero points ass costs me this game, I'm going to cut his sorry ass.

This is the part I'm concerned about here on the suspected multiple team single owner's post:
(right after maves post from above)

Other than that....commish, what's up....I offered up an my lady as the new owner for Dead Pool.....this may be the only FF league I stick with, so I'd like to get her in. Was already thinking of it, before you posted about them being MIA. She's a huge Lions fan, so the Lion rookies on that team would be good for her, along with other good youth. Anyhow, did you see my post? Why no answer or response?

What I said and did:

I answered it and invited her.

She's in but hasn't spoken.

With him talking about 'this might be the only league I stay in' - This has me concerned is he A) being legit or B) trying to flatter us with a compliment to try and throw potential suspicion off his back.

What say you fellow cafe members, commishes and if anyone in the league comes across this....feel free to chime in. I do not want to throw anyone under the bus! But at the same time I want to make sure I am doing all I can to run a fair deal here ya know. A lot of us have put in several years to the league and I do not want anything to jeopardize it.

I realize the long-standing issue with having bf/gf, husband & wife, bro/sis issue that comes up. I have no problem with having two people in the same house be in the league. I'm just concerned with the team name selection, email etc. See I had another friend in the league for one year (his name was Brian) and he's in another league I do alltogether and he names his teams "the borg" and I was speaking to him on facebook and told him about the issue. What I'm wondering is if Billy got that from Brian's year in the league and is attempting to ruse us under said guise to own two teams.

Am I crazy, is this all in my head or do I have a right to call foul?
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Serious issue or all in my head?

Postby angels7777 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 pm

I am a little confused here. What exactly are you asking. Has the GF made ridiculously stupid trades or pickups? Or do you think one guy is running 2 teams? Or what exactly is your concern?
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Angels I posted a brief history on this guy what he's done good and what i perceive to be negatives. I am worried that he might be trying to run two teams.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby angels7777 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm

MadDog36 wrote:Angels I posted a brief history on this guy what he's done good and what i perceive to be negatives. I am worried that he might be trying to run two teams.

I would play out the season barring some type of crazy/shady move/trade by the "GF team." If dumb moves are continually made and the team is not competitive, I would not hesitate to replace the manager in the offseason. I think you can only replace a manager mid-season if they either give up running their team or adversely affect the competition of the league via trade/horrible drops, etc. AT this point, you are just guessing as to whether or not a guy is running 2 teams. At least if you replace the manager in the offseason it will not have to be with possibly "false" accusations.
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I feel asleep in Chapter 3
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner