So how bad is China Doll's injury? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

So how bad is China Doll's injury?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So how bad is China Doll's injury?

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Is it just me or does Stafford look as if he has an injury? No, not talking about his ankle, but his troublesome shoulder. The last couple games he has lost zip on the ball and is no where near as accurate as we saw earlier in the season. What ever is hurting him has led to him being indecisive and throwing garbage looking sidearm steamers that often are behind receivers when he manages to get close to where he is aiming.
Sucks for sure to see that Matt is indeed a China Doll. Both he and Best threaten to become entrenched in the Lions Porcelin Ring of Infamy. Where our championship dreams go to take a dump.
I hope I am dead wrong here, I'd hate for our dainty duo to be known for their Flash and Flush.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: So how bad is China Doll's injury?

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:43 pm

From the at the game view of it - I think the non-RB threat is really hurting the passing game. Not that we had much of a running game, but there is really no threat at all now. Stafford is getting little protection and the pocket is looking very small compared to the 2 early home games vs the last 2. I think he is not seeing some of the coverages correctly either - that may also be a result of seeing 6-7-8 people in the box. There were 2 clear times Calvin was in single coverage and they did not go to him - in earlier games they went to him every time. Seems receives are not getting open either and defenses are not biting on the play fake(due to the fact mentioned above).

As for Staffords throws - they still seem to still have some zip on them, but the O-line is getting no push and causing him to adjust his throws(the tip passes and such)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Thanks for your insight, Dream. Just looks to me like he hasn't the arm strength to make a lot of passes. the sidearmed delivery scares me too, why would you start throwing like that?
Hey, you don't erase 10 years of Millen killing Lions hopes overnight. :-D
hope I am very wrong.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Looked fine with a pocket on Sunday O:-) I did read something earlier today - let me see if I can find it again - no luck yet, but it was talking about how all QBs use a sidearm motion to find the passing lanes. They don't always throw over the top motions.

Like mentioned before if they can have some running threat or keep a decent pocket, Stafford will have no issues.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 am

Its the nature of this beast that I distrust. Stafford looked good, can't really say there were signs of any arm or shoulder issues. Now I can move on to the next fret. Can he play well vs a good team when it counts. :-b (some people just cannot enjoy the moment)

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:11 am

That finger still seems to be affecting his velocity and accuracy - it seems to improve as the game goes on, but they've started off slow the past few games which usually puts them in a hole.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 pm

stomperrob wrote:That finger still seems to be affecting his velocity and accuracy - it seems to improve as the game goes on, but they've started off slow the past few games which usually puts them in a hole.

And he has lost the ability to throw deep, either physically or mentally. That is huge since the lack of a deep threat makes it easier to stop the shorter range pass game.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 am

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:That finger still seems to be affecting his velocity and accuracy - it seems to improve as the game goes on, but they've started off slow the past few games which usually puts them in a hole.

And he has lost the ability to throw deep, either physically or mentally. That is huge since the lack of a deep threat makes it easier to stop the shorter range pass game.

Yeah, in retrospect it might have bee better if he missed a game (or two) to allow the finger to heal properly instead of trying to play through it (and keep aggravating it no doubt).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Detroit Lions