Ryan Torian - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Torian

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Torian

Postby Weasel_King » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 am

With Hightower out of the picture, what do you think Torian's value is now for the rest of the year? He has shown that he can be productive this year in week 4 (19-135-1) as well as last year when he is given the opportunity. Helu will likely steal some carries, but doubt he will take over the starting job from Torian. The passing game leaves a lot to be desired but I personally believe that Beck is an upgrade over Grossman. What do you think Torian's value is moving forward?
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan Torian

Postby mase088 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 pm

I hope his value skyrockets. I have Foster, AP, Greene, and Benson on my team as well, so if Torain starts looking like a good fantasy RB, I would love to trade him for a better WR or Possibly QB.

I think if he is given the opportunity, he will do well. But who knows with Shanny.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby LeBron James » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I hope Torain takes over and does well cause I have him in 3 leagues, but I believe Helu will take the starting job soon, if not now. He's a better catcher out of the backfield and they are saying he's a better pass protector. Torain had that one good week but that was against a horrible Rams run D, look what Demarco Murray did to them.

So my heart says Torain, but my head says Helu. Plus you know Torain will get hurt soon like he always does.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Helu will be the starter sooner than we know it.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby rotoquest » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:17 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Helu will be the starter sooner than we know it.

+1 ;-D (not being a torain hater, just being real)
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Torain

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:11 pm

As a testament to my impartiality, I need to say that I have Torain and Helu, and had been carrying Hightower as well ever since Torain's outburst versus STL, but I digress... Helu will take over as the primary back at some point, whether due to performance or injury. I would not count on that being immediately though. The past 2 games during which Torain was a nonfactor had a lot to do with game situation. In the first, Hightower was inactive, but Torain got the vast majority of the work. There just wasn't a lot to go around with the Redskins being down 17-0 and then 20-0 pretty much right away. In a pass heavy gameplan, neither runner got anything done.

In this week's game, Hightower got pretty much all of the work in the first half and looked really good so he stayed in. Torain got the early down work when Hightower went down, with Helu getting the work on passing downs and in the hurry up offense, essentially just as he had with Hightower in the game throughout the season.

I like Torain to remain the early down back for at least the next few games, and the one with more fantasy potential. I would certainly not be dropping Torain in spite of his last couple of weeks. I would definitely be adding Helu though, and potentially selling high on Torain if he has a couple more good games.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk