Trade Issue - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Issue

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Issue

Postby chrambrose » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Cam Newton and Eric Decker for Reggie Bush, Steve Breaston, and Ryan Fitzpatrick. The team trading Newton and Decker has been starting players on bye and appears to have given up.

Am I wrong in seeing this trade as potential collusion or "Who wants my players?" situation?
chrambrose
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Issue

Postby dgan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:04 pm

I agree. The guy trading 3 bonefide starters for a rookie QB and a guy who has Tebow throwing to him (or somewhere near him). Definitely unfair.

^^sarcasm

Yes you are wrong for seeing this as possible collusion. You need proof...not whatever it is that makes you question this.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:02 pm

dgan wrote:I agree. The guy trading 3 bonefide starters for a rookie QB and a guy who has Tebow throwing to him (or somewhere near him). Definitely unfair.

^^sarcasm

Yes you are wrong for seeing this as possible collusion. You need proof...not whatever it is that makes you question this.

I agree. Its not your job to make sure trades are even. More your job to make sure that nobody is cheating or trying to make one great team.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby chrambrose » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Turns out it was collusion. It was admitted to me via email that the guy trading off Newton had given up and that he figured he could help the other individual.

Thanks for the sarcastic remarks though.
chrambrose
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dgan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:45 pm

chrambrose wrote:Turns out it was collusion. It was admitted to me via email that the guy trading off Newton had given up and that he figured he could help the other individual.

Thanks for the sarcastic remarks though.

Well, that's a terrible job of colluding then. He gave up Bush even though Fitz may be a better fantasy QB down the stretch anyway. In fact, unless they are sharing the winnings or something, it still may not be colluding...you can make a trade even if your team sucks as long as it is a fair trade that helps both teams. I don't see this as unfair, although I agree if the sole purpose was to help one team, that would technically be collusion. However, if it also improved the other team (for example if he needed another RB and trade Newton for a QB and a RB), I think it's pretty darn good trade for both teams.

I remember one year I had Gates and Gonzo and was 1-6...traded Gonzo for a player because I could not even field a lineup...Gonzo went gangbusters and the guy won the league. I finished 6-7 and barely missed the playoffs.

My point being that good teams can trade with bad teams...that doesn't make it collusion. Sure, they admitted to it, but maybe they don't know what collusion means either...if they truly intended to collude, I think the trade would have been much more lopsided.

However, clearly we don't know the whole story...just going off the two sentence description you provided. Sorry if you're offended by sarcasm - unfortunately, it makes up 97.3% of my personality.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner