Big Decisions to make DEF RB etc etc. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Big Decisions to make DEF RB etc etc.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big Decisions to make DEF RB etc etc.

Postby swizzle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:06 pm

I got some decisions to make and any input is appreciated, this is my first year with Fantasy and there is so much to learn about players and matchups etc etc.....

KK going into week 8 my RBs will be on bye, Starks and Forte....I do have Jackie Battle to replace one of them. The other thing is, my defense is on bye this week too (GB)....I'm waiver 2 on the wire, should I go for NYG defense 1st or go for RBs first. I did have a trade offer Starks for Deangelo williams but Ben tate is also on the waiver wire. What do you think is best?

NYG projected points is 22 against the Dolphins....also, the other available defenses sorted by actual rank and fantasy points are CIN, BUF, NO, SEA, BUF.... really racking my brain here and figuring welp....if I can pick up tate or someone I wont have a prob ridding starks for deangelo williams. this person not only has williams but has Jonathan Stewart as-well. (I guess he needs RBs and WRs) on his trade block he has these available players:

Trading Block: I Believe In Tebow set available players to DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB) , Jason Witten (Dal - TE) , Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB) , Plaxico Burress (NYJ - WR) , Tim Hightower (Was - RB)

NOTE: I do have Fred Davis as a TE aswell....I dunno lol my main issue is RB and DEF. Witten would be nice to have but I think Davis will pull thru and am only gonna play NYG this week for it would be ridiculous to not play GB ya know....okay, I hope this all made sense and I tried to grab as much information I could to share. Any inputs is appreciated and thanks!
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Decisions to make DEF RB etc etc.

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Wow, a lot of info that is tough to digest. Let's see if I can hit everything. If not, reply to what I left out.

Battle is a solid start this week. Who do you have as your second RB? Who is on the WW?

Giants have a nice matchup this week, but I would ride the Bengals this week.

If you have room, Tate is a nice stash, but it depends on who you would have to drop.

You do not want any of those trade option players. (Williams/Stewart have not done much and they share carries......Witten is a solid TE, but you will be just fine with Davis, especially with Moss out........Plax is garbage and who knows when you will get production from him.......Hightower is done for the season.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby swizzle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 pm

thanks for your input, welp....I ended up dropping Lance Moore and Meachum to pick up NYG Def and Ben Tate on the wire. It went thru and this is what I'm working with.
Team:

Matchup for this week (8) (left is me)
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby swizzle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:09 pm

WW/FA (RBs sorted by actual) not much out there if ya ask me:

and lastly WW/FA for DEF
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dolfin99 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 pm

I would drop Kolb and pick up Hardesty.
**Kolb will never start over Cam or Hass and Hardesty could be in line for a increase in playing time.

Start Hardesty over Tate
**Hardesty has a tough matchup, but he did well against a tough Seahawks D a few weeks back and I think that he will far exceed Tate's stats since Tate will only see touches here and there

Start Nelson over Baldwin
**Baldwin has a tough matchup against a strong Bengals D.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby swizzle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm

awesome, thanks for the info and input.... I put in for hardesty with kolb dropped....I was unsure about Nelson but has always preformed as for baldwin with last week meh lol anywho thanks alot for the input etc etc. can't wait for Sunday/Monday lol
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby swizzle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 pm

love this forum and thx again much appreciated...can't wait for next year now that I got to know alot of the players better...I use to just watch GB games before fantasy but with fantasy omg its a whole new world....thx again!
swizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum