Darren Sproles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Darren Sproles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Darren Sproles

Postby kdn0789 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:59 pm

You think I should trade Owen Daniels and Heyward-Bey for Darren Sproles?

My RBs are Matt Forte, LeSean McCoy, Felix Jones, and Mike Tolbert.
WRs are Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant, Deion Branch.
TEs are Owen Daniels and Aaron Hernandez

I'm thinking of doing Mike Tolbert instead of Heyward-Bey. What do you guys think? Or should I try to pick up some better receivers?
kdn0789
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Darren Sproles

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:04 pm

I think that's giving up too much for Sproles personally.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=505604
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:06 pm

I dont think I would do either. Daniels and DHB, I think you need DHB as Dez gets hurt alot, so does Nicks, and you would rather have DHB starting than Deion Branch IMO...

Daniels and Tolbert I dont like that much either. I guess if I was going to do one it would be this one. Just remember Mathews is constantly getting hurt, and Tolbert could prove to be valuable down the stretch.

I realize you are trying to get value for Daniels and hes probably sitting your bench now that Hernandez is back. BUT, you dont want to give him away as Hern could tweak that knee again then you would be up the creek....

Do you have the possibility of starting 3 RBs? Is that the reason you are trying to get another RB?

Why not try something like Daniels and Nicks for like Welker or Megatron or something?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby kdn0789 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:58 pm

latsprewell, thanks for the input. I think you're completely right. I should just not trade for Sproles. My league just does 2RB 1RB/WR 2WR. Yea I'll probably just stick with Tolbert this week. He's been getting pretty good points in my PPR league. Also, DHB is gonna be pretty good when Palmer gets the rust off of him, connect with the receivers, and learn the playbook more.
kdn0789
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pmstick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm

In my PPR league that rewards kick returns, Sproles is the #2 overall scoring RB right now only behind Forte. Just some food-for-thought as to Sproles' actual value in some leagues.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Novice21 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:43 pm

The trade is a major yes in a PPR league, but I assume since you didn't automatically take it, you aren't in a PPR league.

Sproles is on the field a lot. He returns kicks and is a safety net for Brees. in a non PPR league, he has decent value because he is extremely consistent in the amount of snaps he gets. Also Ingram may be out for a few games so he will see some more touches out of the backfield.

I like DHB. I have him on my team as well and he got 5 receptions for 89 yards with very poor QB play against KC. He's been doing that for weeks and his quarterback should get better.

My final verdict is to hold onto DHB.
Novice21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby McDuff » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 am

Why do i have to keep trying to sell Sproles as a mini-stud? The guy flat out plays! he is on the field more than any back in NO and if you get PPR and or Return points and yards he is gold. Ingrahm banged up. Brees loves him

Straight TD league he is probably not ahead of Tolbert on your roster most of the time. But I think he is over Felix (even if he returns to his previous shaky #1 roll in Dallas) He's way ahead of Deion Branch. And I don't see DHB on your roster but unless you are holding him as an Al Davis tribute i think you should forget him. He took three years to get used to Campbell and Palmer has been there one week. Has DHB outscored Sproles even once this year? I don't know, that's why I am asking, but I doubt it.

You are going to start Hernandez at TE so you wont miss Owen. Make the trade. You Gain flexibility and only lose DHB and a backup TE
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kdn0789 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 pm

You guys all make a really good point. I'm thinking about Tolbert and Owen Daniels instead if he's willing to do that. Just because I have some faith in DHB being really good after Palmer gets his rust off. I just see him being more consistent then Tolbert considering the lack of time he gets with Mathews being the primary back. This is all just saying if he's willing to trade Tolbert and Daniels because we initially considered DHB and Daniels. I also am pretty weak on receivers so keeping DHB might be better in the long run.
kdn0789
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Eightan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Daniels and Tolbert would be good for Sproles in a PPR league. Maybe see if you can get another player back to even the score a little.

Little help?
Eightan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions