Pick 2... A Bradshaw, D Murray, or D. Sproles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 2... A Bradshaw, D Murray, or D. Sproles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 2... A Bradshaw, D Murray, or D. Sproles

Postby Vandy263 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:05 pm

PPR.....

Sproles vs Rams
Murray vs Eagles
Bradshaw vs. Dolphins

WHIR... leave link
Vandy263
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 2... A Bradshaw, D Murray, or D. Sproles

Postby JMTrio » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 pm

As a Saints fan I can tell you Sproles is going to do great against the Rams. They gave up huge yards to Murray last week, and Sproles is way more dangerous. Plus, Pete Carmichael is calling a more balanced run/pass game since Sean Payton is injured. Igram will get less touches with his bruised heel. I'd pick him for sure.
JMTrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kdn0789 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm

I'd go with Sproles as well. Rams has a horrible run D. I'm still unsure about Demarco Murray who ran poorly against the NE D but somehow managed an amazing game against the Rams. I just think it's a fluke to be honest.
kdn0789
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lamoac » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 pm

This is too funny. I have the exact same dilemma. I decided to go with Sproles and Murray. Bradshaw has been very consistent and the Giants commitment to the run lets you know he will get his touches, however, all indications are that Jacobs will be back for this game so that will take some of the touches away from Bradshaw. In addition, through Miami is a god awful team, their run defense is not that bad. About average actually, unlike the Philly run defense which is horrendous.

It would be nice if someone who actually saw the Dallas - St. Louis game would comment on Murray's performance. Was it all the blocking or did he have to make some moves and break some tackles to get his yards? It may be easy to say, the Rams defense is just that bad but for a below average back to run for 250 yards is really unheard of. If you look at all the backs who have rushed for over 240 yards you'll see that they are just about all pro-bowl caliber backs. That puts Murray in good company. Not saying he is a pro-bowl back, just saying it may not have been as much of a fluke as it may have seemed.

I hope I'm not leaving more points on the bench than will start but considering my match up this week, I need as much of an edge as I can get.
lamoac Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 pm

I would go Bradshaw and Sproles. Sproles is a must start against the Rams and Bradshaw also does catch passes and is coming off a bye and plays the Dolphins, even with Jacobs in the mix, i like Bradshaw.

I also think Murray's big day was a fluke, he could have a nice game against phillies terrible linebackers, but i dont trust it yet, plus dallas wil be throwing a lot to probably keep pace against philly, andy reid is like 13-0 after a bye so expect philly to have the lead
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Return to Who to Start/Bench