Desperate: Shon Greene and Mike Williams for Aj Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Desperate: Shon Greene and Mike Williams for Aj Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Desperate: Shon Greene and Mike Williams for Aj Green?

Postby rcergo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Here's the deal I am in a 12 person standard league and am currently 1-6. However i am in a cbs league that takes the top 3 division winners for the playoffs and the bottom 3 slots are awarded to those highest in the power rankings, which I can still do since Ive scored a ton of points.

I have been offered AJ Green for Greene and Williams. I don't think Williams is going to do anything all year, but I feel Greene actually might be coming around. I need to put up a very good amount of points every week from here on out (including this week where I have DHB, RODDY, Williams, and Turner on bye) Do you think I have enough depth to make up for Greene? Is AJ Green worth it (he is about the only wideout I can get since there is only one or two owners that are looking for a back)

My current team is:
QB: Big Ben
RB: Turner
RB:Mcgahee
RB: Greene
RB: Battle
RB: Tate
RB: Hardesty
WR: Heyward-Bey
WR:Roddy White
WR: Mike Williams
WR: Sidney Rice
WR: Doug Baldwin
WR: Jerome Simpson
TE: Graham
rcergo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Desperate: Shon Greene and Mike Williams for Aj Green?

Postby DemonDeacon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:02 pm

I'd do this if i were you. Williams has been an absolute bust and Greene isn't looking much better. AJ Green gives you a solid every week start at the WR spot to complement Roddy. Neither Shonn Greene or WIlliams is an every week start for you whereas AJ Green will be. My philosophy when trading is ALWAYS make sure you get the best player. And you would be doing that in this trade
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby rcergo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Do you think Mcgahee and Battle could hold the fort down for me for the rest of the year?
rcergo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:17 pm

rcergo wrote:Do you think Mcgahee and Battle could hold the fort down for me for the rest of the year?

NO..............and I wouldnt make the trade either. AJ Green has been pretty good but worry about how constant his numbers will be with him being a rookie and having a rookie QB. However I would try to trade some of your rb depth for an upgrade @wr. Right now Battle and Hardesty's value is alot higher than it will be in a couple weeks. I would sell high, look for a team with rb needs and wr depth. Bottom line, if you package Battle/Hardesty/Williams you should be able to do better than AJ Green while keeping Greene how has actually looked pretty good 2 week in a row.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions