Ethics question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ethics question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:54 pm

Also, if team B is too big of a richard to not give up the players and he wins some $$$$ you should postpone paying him for as long as inhumanly possible and dont' let either clown play next year, unless one of them is your brother mother or sister, and if it's your sister definately don't let her play
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:55 pm

I think what happened here is that team A is one of those assholes that got really pissed off that he was losing and dropped all of his players.

Then, everyone else in the league gets pissed off, they agree not to take the players and put them back on team A's team, except one asshole picks up some players and won't give them back.

Put the players back on team A, and don't invite either team back next year. We had this exact thing happen in our money league last year and that's what we did.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Dude_ffc » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:08 pm

Only problem is that it is a public league. I don't know any of these clowns but we are playing for some bucks through cbssportsline. The site doesn't seem to react to things like this so maybe there is nothing we can do but ostracize team b. Funny, this league was one of my leagues this season that was going so smoothly.

Bagel, you hit the nail on the head though with your comments. Two owners, both idiots, one richard.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

no more transactions

Postby CellarDweller » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:13 pm

I know the issue has basically been resolved, but I thought I'd add a little something for you to consider next year.....

My $$$ league ran into something similar to this several years ago, so we amended the rules the following season. When our trade deadline hits (2 weeks prior to playoffs) it also puts an end to all transactions. We can no longer pick up players off the waivers. The first year I hated this. But now I really like it. THis rule has prevented a lot of trade & waiver problems that would have affected the playoffs. Not too mention, as a Coach, you really have to be prepared.
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby emaja » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:27 pm

I guess that I am in the minority here, but if an owner drops all his players, then says "oops," why is it up to everyone to cover for his mistake? The one owner who put in claims was just doing the smart thing. How was he to know that everyone else would abide and not put in their own claims? If he didn't and all the other players did, would you be asking us whether you should "reset" the team? Probably not.

I still say tough luck, but if you insist, it is really not inherently unfair to put things back, just sour grapes on the part of those who lost out.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby MMH » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:45 pm

Team B is no way at fault. She/he took advatange of the situation. Its not as if they could ignore the dropped players just in case somebody else picks them up.

Team A sounds like a complete dick to me. I despise people who do things like that. He has given up so he drops all his players and screws up the league as well?

I really do not understand some people...
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:50 pm

yea both of these people sound like goofs, and if team b is tied for the last playoff spot, and they get peerless, jimmy, and freddie jones, i doubt this will propel them to the title
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trackstar79 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:00 pm

No really, what Team A did was petty or dumb, depending on his motives, and Team B should know better than to try to benefit from it. It might seem drastic, but maybe in public leagues (especially ones w/ money involved) teams should lose their trade/waiver wire privelleges once they are mathmatically eliminated. No good can from these teams wheeling and dealing. Just a thought.
Trackstar79
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Dude_ffc » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:16 pm

In a shocking turn of events team B dropped the players he picked up and posted a message requesting team A to pick his players back up.

Interesting to see so many points of view. Personally, I would not want to win by picking up dropped players the week before play-offs. If it were the beginning of the season and someone dropped their players then it would have to be a fair game situation but the week before play-offs is a different story. Besides Price has vick to throw to him and Smith and Leftwich have developed chemistry.

Ya never know what you are going to get in these public leagues. Like someone famous once said take it with a grain of salt...then a lime...and shot of tequila.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Tiki » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:27 pm

Person in my league accidenlty dropped marvin harrison when he was doing bad i picked him up ....The person complanied i said to bad and that was that.. the comish didnt care and it was done ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk