Issue with Commissioner ESPN Hosting - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Issue with Commissioner ESPN Hosting

Moderator: Football Moderators

Issue with Commissioner ESPN Hosting

Postby GAMETIME03 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 am

In weak six I had a tie in a head-to-head matchup and the league settings had no tie breaker. Today, almost two weeks later, the commish says that he noticed that there is a tie and that the league rules state that tie breaker is based on bench points. He already added a point to the team and now I took a loss in week 6 instead of a tie.

I am just venting and sharing, but I also do have a question. For the ESPN commissioners out there, how is the commissioner able to add points / deduct points to a team w/o anything showing up on the transactions log. I've had a suspicion that he was changing around the points given for a defense played against me which blew up (the scoring is pretty complicated) and I have tried totaling it before and it did not add up (this was a different season).

IF TLDNR, HOW DOES A COMMISH ADD / REMOVE POINTS FROM GAMES ALREADY PLAYED AND / OR CHANGE THE STANDINGS W/O IT SHOWING UP ON THE TRANSACTIONS LOG, THIS GIVES THE COMMISH TOO MUCH POWER / ABILITY TO CHEAT AND WHY DOES ESPN NOT CHANGE THIS.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Issue with Commissioner ESPN Hosting

Postby bigmck » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:08 pm

On the score page, there is a place to "Adjust Scoring". I have never even looked at it. == In the case of your tie. If the tie showed up in your standings on Tuesday morning, that means that there was not a tiebreaker in the League Settings. It sounds like to me this guy is just dishonest. I would make sure I did not play in his league next year. I would post a complaint to him in an email and copy everyone in.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 pm

I've never used it but I assumed it would show up on the log. Weird. :-?

If you have league rules that overrule ESPN settings (our league has some rules like this as well, where ESPN just doesn't support all the league rules we need with our keepers and such), then it would have been absolutely appropriate for him to make an adjustment. However, if I'm not mistaken, bench points is one of the options on the ESPN site for tiebreakers. So again. :-?

I don't know that I'd be pissed yet, but I would want a very detailed explanation as to what and why he is making changes, why he just doesn't have ESPN set up that way, and how those changes are documented. I have to believe they are logged somewhere....
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby GAMETIME03 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm

also, i see LEAGUE SCHEDULE UPDATED, is the commissioner changing the head-to-head matchups every week?
We have 10 players, so that means week 1- 9, you should be playing different players and 10 should be a repeat of week 1, 11 repeat of week 2, etc. correct? I don't understand what would give the commissioner to change the head-to-head matchups, I mean he's just choosing matchups in his favor?
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigmck » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:26 am

GAMETIME03 wrote:also, i see LEAGUE SCHEDULE UPDATED, is the commissioner changing the head-to-head matchups every week?
We have 10 players, so that means week 1- 9, you should be playing different players and 10 should be a repeat of week 1, 11 repeat of week 2, etc. correct? I don't understand what would give the commissioner to change the head-to-head matchups, I mean he's just choosing matchups in his favor?

You can find out about the schedule. -- On the main page at the bottom it shows recent transactions. At the very bottom there is a link "View All Activity". Click on that. At the top of the next page there is a date range that you can put in to show all activity for the league. If he changed the schedule it will tell exactly what was changed.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GAMETIME03 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:08 pm

bigmck wrote:
GAMETIME03 wrote:also, i see LEAGUE SCHEDULE UPDATED, is the commissioner changing the head-to-head matchups every week?

You can find out about the schedule. -- On the main page at the bottom it shows recent transactions. At the very bottom there is a link "View All Activity". Click on that. At the top of the next page there is a date range that you can put in to show all activity for the league. If he changed the schedule it will tell exactly what was changed.

that didn't help, all it says is modified schedule.

Anyway, the commish claims that their wasn't an option for most bench points before in tie breakers, I find that hard to believe, is this really a new option?
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TaDa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:05 am

No, he is not being honest. I would leave the league. This guy is definitely cheating
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby bigmck » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:54 pm

You have caught him in two lies. He changed the schedule during the season and he lied about the tie breaker. == Total Bench Points is a tie breaker in the ESPN settings. ==
You best option is to quit the league. Make your own league next year. It isn't that hard and you can run things like you want -- HONEST.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner