Where does the train stop for Greenbay? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where does the train stop for Greenbay?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where does the train stop for Greenbay?

Postby packfan12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:50 am

Where you guys see it coming to a screeching halt? San Diego after the bye? One of the meetings with Detroit? Or somewhere else?
packfan12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Where does the train stop for Greenbay?

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 pm

As a die hard Bears meatball, the real question is "For how many consecutive years will the Packers be the best team in Football?"

They won't go undefeated this year.

I'm dreaming of a blue and orange Christmas. But I think it will be a fluky win, whoever beats them. Watch it be Tampa or something totally unexpected. If Detroit doesn't implode, it will probably be one of those 2 games.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:21 pm

ill say they lose 1 to detroit and also to the giants.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 pm

As a Packer fan, the bye isn't the best thing right now. I'd rather just keep playing. With the new CBA rules, teams don't have two weeks to prepare...the players get one full week off. In fact, I think teams coming off their bye have a losing record right now. And the Chargers are the type of team that will give the Packers problems. Good pass rush without blitzing and great QB (although lesser great than in recent years) who can win in the 4th quarter.

One thing about the Packers is they invent ways to keep their opponent in the game. None of the games (except the Saints week 1) felt as close as what the scores indicated.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 am

Looking at their schedule, I see 5 games that they could realistically lose (not saying they are losing 5 games, but the following 5 represent the 5 "toughest" games)...

week 9 @ SD - across the country vs a team they are relatively unfamiliar with that should be able to score with them.

week 12 @ DET - division game on the road, however, I think GB actually benefits from playiing indoors in pristine conditions.

week 13 @ NYG - road game, Giants have enough playmakers on both side of the ball to make this interesting in theroy.

week 16 vs CHI - division game, Bears have typically played the Packers very well, late December in Lambeau means weather will very likelybe a factor which could be a major deterrent to the Juggernaught that is the Packers offense.

week 17 vs DET - division game, in all liklihood GB will have the 1 or 2 seed locked up, Detroit could very well be playing for a playoff spot/seeding, see week 16 comments re: weather.

Packers offense is like Tecmo bowl - it's insane, however their defense has taken a major step back since last year's SB run... I would think that will be addressed during the bye week...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:53 pm

if the Pack managess to stay unbeaten I think the Lions will crush them on Thanksgiving. It will be a statement game for the Lions, their crowd will be insane and without a run game to speak of Suh & Co will pressure Rodgers all day.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 pm

moochman wrote:if the Pack managess to stay unbeaten I think the Lions will crush them on Thanksgiving. It will be a statement game for the Lions, their crowd will be insane and without a run game to speak of Suh & Co will pressure Rodgers all day.

I can go with that. Got any tickets Mooch? You know I love you right?...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
moochman wrote:if the Pack managess to stay unbeaten I think the Lions will crush them on Thanksgiving. It will be a statement game for the Lions, their crowd will be insane and without a run game to speak of Suh & Co will pressure Rodgers all day.

I can go with that. Got any tickets Mooch? You know I love you right?...

I just sold one of my extra tickets. I can't wait for that game and it will be a tough test for the Packers to get out of Detroit still unbeaten.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby FatFoot » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm sorry, but I think the only thing that can prevent a multi-year dynasty for Green Bay is a frickin' bus accident.

I think the Packers are going to systematically disassemble the Lions on TG. And I'm not a homer... I want both teams to find a way to lose. How about a McNabb/Tie?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Chris Smith » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 pm

I think they go undefeated, at least in the regular season. The best offense in the league and a top-10 defense is a lethal combination. The undefeated patriots didn't have nearly as good a defense as this team does and although their numbers were a bit more gaudy I think this offense is better and more efficient. They have a much better running game than they did last year when they won the super-bowl and although the defense isn't performing quite as well as they did in the post-season last year, they are in reality more talented and deeper than they were last year. The numbers may not reflect it but I think that's in part due to the fact that they've been playing with big leads for most of the year. When your offense puts up 35 at will the defense is naturally going to get scored on more, simply because they're playing soft coverage to protect the lead. The defense hasn't had to win a game for them yet but I don't think that means that they can't. This reminds me of the great Colt teams except the running game is actually a threat and the defense is actually capable of winning games without the offense scoring on its first 5 possessions.
Chris Smith
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk