Week 8: Stafford or Roethlisberger? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 8: Stafford or Roethlisberger?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 8: Stafford or Roethlisberger?

Postby 4th and Longwell » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Someone was dumb enough to drop Roethlisberger before last week and I picked him up... The problem is Stafford is a stud, but will Roethlisberger out-score him this week? again...?
4th and Longwell
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 8: Stafford or Roethlisberger?

Postby Jadman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm

New England has the worst past defense. I would go with Big Ben. Also, if Brady lights the Steelers up early, he will have to throw the ball. I would go with Rothlisberger.
Jadman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kdn0789 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:30 pm

I'd go with Stafford against the weak Denver defense. Doesn't matter if Pitt is gonna trail behind, NE has improved in their defense in both running and passing. Big Ben is gonna have a tougher time moving the ball then Stafford will against the Broncos.

Help me out.
viewtopic.php?t=505939
kdn0789
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby c0megets0me » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:37 pm

No one Pass D is as bad as the Pats.......Big Ben will be huge this week, Stafford has come back to earth and is a little beat up.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby shreddy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm

I like Big Ben in this match-up.

Help?

viewtopic.php?t=505944
shreddy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DVeit » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:43 pm

This is a tough one! I have the same two. I was originally going with Ben this week but now that Stafford's ankle is ok I'm starting to lean back towards him. Pats HAVE improved their D, Broncos def sucks still, hell they even made Matt Moore look decent last week. But then Ben will have to pass to beat NE. It's tough!! Flip a coin. lol We need more input on this.
DVeit
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dilhan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm also in the same situation and I'm going with Big Ben.

Ben has been on fire lately, has the better matchup of the two (in my opinion) and stafford is a little banged up right now. Also what I noticed with Stafford is that he locks on to Megatron a lot and if he is not open, Staff tends to struggle. I noticed this in particular in the Atlanta game (I was at Ford Field), Atlanta focused on taking Calvin away and Stafford really struggled. It seemed like he didn't have much confidence in his other targets, as talented as they may be (Pettigrew). I think other teams are going to start doing the same and if Stafford does not adapt, I could see a drop off in his numbers.

Sorry for the slight rant but I think Stafford is on the decline while Big Ben is on the rise.

tl;dr
I think they will produce a very similar stat line this weekend but I'll give a slight edge to Big Ben - which is why I am starting him.
.5 ppr - 10 man league
Qb: Cam Newton/Tony Romo
Rb: Matt Forte/Marshawn Lynch/Benjarvus Green-Ellis/Stevan Ridley/Donald Brown
Wr: Jordy Nelson/Percy Harvin/Eric Decker/Brian Hartline/Kenny Britt
Te: Aaron Hernandez
Kicker: Tynes
Def/St: Vikings
dilhan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

dilhan wrote:I'm also in the same situation and I'm going with Big Ben.

Ben has been on fire lately, has the better matchup of the two (in my opinion) and stafford is a little banged up right now. Also what I noticed with Stafford is that he locks on to Megatron a lot and if he is not open, Staff tends to struggle. I noticed this in particular in the Atlanta game (I was at Ford Field), Atlanta focused on taking Calvin away and Stafford really struggled. It seemed like he didn't have much confidence in his other targets, as talented as they may be (Pettigrew). I think other teams are going to start doing the same and if Stafford does not adapt, I could see a drop off in his numbers.

Sorry for the slight rant but I think Stafford is on the decline while Big Ben is on the rise.

tl;dr
I think they will produce a very similar stat line this weekend but I'll give a slight edge to Big Ben - which is why I am starting him.

I really like what he said and will pm him for his autograph
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Return to Who to Start/Bench