WR Help - Nelson, Little, Breaston, D Thomas, Decker -- WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR Help - Nelson, Little, Breaston, D Thomas, Decker -- WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help - Nelson, Little, Breaston, D Thomas, Decker -- WHIR

Postby Honeybadgers » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

12 team PPR, League. I've been weak at WR all year and now this is the week I've been dreading as both of my stud RB are on byes Forte and McFadden. I'm likely to lose my matchup so I'm looking for the 2 WR that have the Homerun potential out of the following options. My flex will either be Helu or the 3rd best WR here.

David Nelson vs Wsh
Greg Little vs. SF
Steve Breaston vs SD
Eric Decker vs Det
Demaryius Thomas vs Det

I can also pick up Torrey Smith off waiver.

Maybe I'm being blinded by his week 3 output but I'm leaning on getting Smith as Evans is unlikely to play and he's going against a weak Ari secondary.

I was burned last week and started Decker so I'm not crazy about any Denver WR

Little is Clevand's defacto #1 WR so I'm leaning:

Little
Smith
and Breaston for my flex

Thoughts?

Leave link and I'll help
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help - Nelson, Little, Breaston, D Thomas, Decker --

Postby Jeff Kearns » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I like Greg Little and D. Thomas. Little has the best matchup and I think Thomas and Tebow have good enough chemistry to make him your 2nd option.
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby JMT75 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Little is not a HR guy at all but he is the closest thing to a #1 reciever for their respective teams out of the bunch so I would go with him as one.

I would stay away from Denver WR's as well until Tebow proves he can be a legitimate passing threat.

You said you were looking for a HR kind of a guy and based on that criteria I like your idea of Torrey Smith.

So for me then it boils down to Nelson vs Breaston. They are both very similar imo. I would actually lean towards Nelson because Buffalo has the better offense with the better QB and is at home. But I would look for the weather forecast in Buffalo before making any kind of call. But they are both very similar so I don't think there is a wrong call there.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jeff Kearns » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh man! I was watching TV when I was reading you post so I kinda missed the Torrey Smith thing! I still stick with Little, but I like Torrey Smith more than Thomas now that I see he is an option.

Your flex....I would still say Thomas or maybe Helu. You never know what Shanahan will pull at RB so who knows? Helu could get 25 carries or 3. It's a tossup. So I would go Thomas for reasons I stated above, but I couldn't blame you if you went Helu.
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Honeybadgers » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for the responses so far. If I were to pick up Torrey Smith I would need to drop a WR. I also have Holmes on the roster. Who would you suggest?
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rclement3915 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:20 pm

id pickup Smith....hes the homerun hitter and has a beatable matchup.
if not, id go Little...he gets 10+ targets a game...is due to find the endzone sooner or later.

drop one of the bronco WR's... dont keep both.

viewtopic.php?t=506012
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Honeybadgers » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks. For those of you suggesting dropping a Den WR. which one do you suggest. I've heard lots of long term upside for him and Decker got lots of targets last week just not a lot of good ones. Hate to drop him with the early production he had earlier this year.

Leave a link and I'll help.
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby letterafteri » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks for helping with mine.

So you need two homerun hitters and Pujols and Freese are out of the question.

Okay I'd go with Smith for sure. Hasn't done a lot out of that 3 TD game but they try every game and he's the fastes mofo out there not named Mike Wallace I think.

After that I want to say Little being a Browns fan but I have no reason to believe Colt can throw an accurate pass. I'd go Nelson for the homerun/safe option out of those two.

Then for your flex it's back to Little vs...Breaston I suppose. I have to start Breaston. If I had little I'd take the chance and start him instead. Hope that helps even though I said Colt sucks. I roll where the targets are in this showdown.

Good luck!
This whole thing works better if you actually participate! HELP ME TO HELP YOU...
letterafteri
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KibblesNVicks23 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:02 am

Greg Little is coming out and i think he does it this week in a big way...i would also go with thomas because tebow loves throwing him the ball. They have chemistry(something like 10 targets last week) and tebow will be throwing a lot. I think tebow got his sea legs last week and will be a much better/more accurate passer this week.
KibblesNVicks23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench