Can somebody talk me out of this? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can somebody talk me out of this?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can somebody talk me out of this?

Postby Petey » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:56 am

I have S. Matthews set as my starter over Fiedler and Couch right now. My opponent has R. Williams and if I started Fiedler and Ricky runs wild, they'll most likely not be throwing too much, then I'd be double screwed. Couch is coming off a minor injury and that scares me for week 1. So am I thinking too much or does this sound logical?
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Logic.

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:05 pm

The likelyhood is that if Williams lights it up running the ball then Fiedler is having a good day passing. If they have to concentrate on the run so much, Fiedler is good enough to pick apart the secondary. It's when they key on his receivers that he has trouble. Couch is questionable, so don't even think about him this week. Matthews is a fine choice, I just hope him and Danny-Boy don't rotate.

Trentvaughn

P.S. The Lions secondary stinks, Fiedler might have a good game.
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Petey » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:15 pm

I know about the secondary, I'm from Detroit. There cb's combined ages are over 70. Well, thanks for the advice. I'm going to go with my gut and Matthews. I tend to think Spurrier is messing with people about rotating, unless Matthews is really stinking it up.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:15 pm

GO MATTHEWS! now THIS is a situation where id start matthews.
fiedler will have a good game against detroit but i think matthews will play will vs. arizona. go with him and hope for the best.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk