E Sanders to start over A Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

E Sanders to start over A Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deltaboy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 am

Sanders will get the nod ahead of Antonio Brown if Hines Ward (ankle) is held out Sunday against the Patriots, according to Beaver County Times reporter Mike Bires. Brown has seen more snaps on passing downs the past few games, but Sanders is considered a better route runner. Both are viable WR3 options if Ward ends up sitting out.

Should this news scare any fantasy owners? I too had brought in Brown from waivers hoping he can help me week 8+ and now have read this. Brown has way more targets than Sanders this year, so I wonder what's up.

~sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Ryan Mathews, Mike Tolbert, LaGarette Blount, Delone Carter
WR: Greg Jennings, Miles Austin, Roddy White, Steve Breaston, Antonio Brown
TE: Owen Daniels
K: John Kasay
DST: Dallas Cowboys

(12 team standard league)
deltaboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: E Sanders to start over A Brown

Postby dgan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:27 am

This is the first I've heard of this, so I'm not entirely sure. My first guess is that it is just to try to mix things up just for the sake of mixing them up. Slow starts and miscommunication has pretty much become a constant battle in that offense. It may not have anything to do with Brown, but just to wake people up a bit. Or, maybe Brown is slacking in practice and being sent a message.

Either way, until I learn more, I'm going to assume it won't affect the overall target dispersment once the game starts.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby petedog9 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 am

It shouldn't affect much if any at all. I would even say a non factor. Ward will play. Bet on it.. It's still gonna be a shootout and brown is a good bet to see 10 +/- targets as well as special teams. This is the week he gets in the end zone....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 am

Yes, Ward will likely play which will make this all moot but the reasoning is there in that Sanders is definitely a better route runner and run blocker which makes him a better choice to start out wide. Brown makes for a much better fit in the slot which is where he's been having all his success this year anyway so I don't think that either way this does anything to the value Brown might have had this week.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metropolitans » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 am

Agree 100% with the Above Poster... Sanders is a more "complete WR" bc his Routes are more crisp n hes a much better blocker, hes more similar to what Ward provides, which is why hell start. Brown will still rotate in and have his success in the Slot... im starting Antonio Brown with confidence... For What its Worth..... I had the option of Sanders or Brown and took Brown ;-D
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am

Im so damn happy I picked up Brown and played him this week. He delivered more than I expected and I won as a result. Well that and the team I was playing against had Romo/Austin basically do nothing. AND that owner gave up the farm to get Romo lol...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Im so damn happy I picked up Brown and played him this week. He delivered more than I expected and I won as a result. Well that and the team I was playing against had Romo/Austin basically do nothing. AND that owner gave up the farm to get Romo lol...

I started Brown as well. Brown has 63 targets (6 more than Wallace) this year and ended the game last night with 15 (9 receptions). Does Brown become a starter each week if he keeps getting this many looks?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:Im so damn happy I picked up Brown and played him this week. He delivered more than I expected and I won as a result. Well that and the team I was playing against had Romo/Austin basically do nothing. AND that owner gave up the farm to get Romo lol...

I started Brown as well. Brown has 63 targets (6 more than Wallace) this year and ended the game last night with 15 (9 receptions). Does Brown become a starter each week if he keeps getting this many looks?

I know he will likely get starts with me on my team. I have had serious problems at WR ever since Wayne became a non factor. I have hit the WW every single week looking for that guy, this years Austin. I may have found him in Cruz, I guess we dont know yet. And also Brown has been very very good so far. Ben loves going to him.

So far off the wire I have landed Cruz, DHB, and Brown. Not bad. Especially after Wayne totally screwed me, I think I got him in the 3rd or 4th round....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deltaboy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:33 pm

I started him too, however, my entire team (except Stafford) crapped the bed!

Maybe I can get CJ2K for Austin. Haha!

~sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

QB: Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan
RB: Ryan Mathews, Mike Tolbert, LaGarette Blount, Delone Carter
WR: Greg Jennings, Miles Austin, Roddy White, Steve Breaston, Antonio Brown
TE: Owen Daniels
K: John Kasay
DST: Dallas Cowboys

5-2 (12 team standard league)
deltaboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff