Who should I start week 8. Rob Gronkowski or Fred Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who should I start week 8. Rob Gronkowski or Fred Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I start week 8. Rob Gronkowski or Fred Davis

Postby Shelby Le » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:14 am

My roster is at the bottom

I play in a .5 PPR League and here is my roster. I was wondering if I should start Fred Davis instead of Rob Gronkowski. Rob Gronkowski might be used as a blocker more this game because of the Steelers Defense. But Rob is a huge Red Zone threat too. So I was thinking of starting Fred Davis because he has scored 12.5 and 17 in the last 2 games. While Rob has scored 5.1 and 10.9 in his last 2 games.

It might seem like Rob Gronkowski will be doing more blocking because of the Steelers defense. But also he is a big Red Zone threat. Also since Troy Polamalu is a Strong Safety that he will be covering Rob. And with Santana Moss out Fred Davis may get more double teams. I am not sure who the WR's are besides Moss but Fred Davis still got receptions with Moss's broken hand.

Shelby Le
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I start week 8. Rob Gronkowski or Fred Davis

Postby KibblesNVicks23 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:06 am

I cant belive im saying this but start fred davis.. Washingtons run game is iffy and theres no more pesky cooley to vulture his catches...Gronk is amazing but you have to realize hernandez is getting a lot of looks and has a touchdown in every full game hes played this year.
KibblesNVicks23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Who should I start week 8. Rob Gronkowski or Fred Davis

Postby Shelby Le » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:41 pm

I just found out James harrrson is out and Farrior is questionable. Which means that the TE's would get a lot of looks. Especially that the STeelers run d is crazy i was thinking of starting gronkowski since they will be throwing a lot of dump offs to Welker and making use of there TE's since Pats run game probably wont be too effective.

I am leaning on starting gronkowski now that since 2 of there LBers are out
Shelby Le
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Who to Start/Bench