Domanick Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Domanick Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Domanick Davis

Postby smitharam13 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:06 pm

Here's what I read in Houston Chron online: Rookie running back Domanick Davis was held out of workouts with a sprained left ankle and bruised right quadriceps. He is expected to return to practice today and be able to start against the Jaguars.

Anyone else hear anything else?
smitharam13
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:24 pm

yeah it says that in yahoo

Dec 2 According to Texans coach Dom Capers, Davis likely will be limited in practice this week, but he should be ready for Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The running back reportedly is nursing a bruised quadriceps muscle and a minor ankle sprain.
Advice: Davis is expected to be listed as questionable on Houston's injury report, but could be upgraded as the week goes on.

Dec 3 The Houston Chronicle reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (bruised quadriceps, sprained ankle) did not practice Wednesday, Dec. 3, to rest his injuries. He said there's no doubt that he'll play in Week 14.

Dec 2 Texans rookie running back Domanick Davis will not practice on Wednesday because of a quad bruise and a slight ankle sprain. “We'll have to evaluate him as we go along,” head coach Dom Capers said during his Monday press conference. “I would say he would probably be listed as questionable starting out the week. We'll see how it goes during the week.” Davis seemed optimistic following Sunday’s game, however, despite spending about an hour in the trainer’s room. "I'm banged up a little bit," he told the Houston Chronicle. "Nothing major -- just things you can put ice on.”
Views: Take a deep breath, fantasy freaks. Davis hurt his ankle on his first carry of the game Sunday, but still managed his fourth 100-yard performance. We’re guessing he’ll be back in practice by Thursday or Friday. We’ll keep an eye on him.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RaginCajun » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:17 pm

Hope he is ready for sunday..........I plan on playing him this week for the first week of the playoffs
RaginCajun
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:05 pm

He's listed as questionable but says he will definitely play Sunday. It doesn't matter if he does or not, he won't have a good game against that solid Jacksonville run D.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:25 pm

VHawk15 wrote:It doesn't matter if he does or not, he won't have a good game against that solid Jacksonville run D.

That's what's the most important here...DDavis has struggled against top rush defenses this year...ie New England, Buffalo

I'd find a replacement this week, I know I am
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cliff Harris » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:09 am

[/quote]That's what's the most important here...DDavis has struggled against top rush defenses this year...ie New England, Buffalo

I'd find a replacement this week, I know I am[/quote]

Double D is da man. Ride that Texan.

A poor man's Clinton Portis (can somebody spare a quarter?!).
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:45 am

Sportsline says that its unlikely he will start sunday-

Domanick Davis, RB HOU

News: Domanick Davis (ankle, quadriceps) was held out of practice on Thursday. "We still haven't made any decision whether I'm going to play on it," Davis said Thursday. "I'm going to just pray. Maybe I'll wake up feeling good."

Analysis: It is looking more likely like Davis will sit out in Week 14 at Jacksonville. If he is unable to go, Tony Hollings will get his first-career start in his absence. Hollings is worth adding if you own Davis.

Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:59 am

Would that make Hollings a beter start than a second WR or a RB in rbbc? I am struggling to find a player I can start this week. I may start Charles Lee.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:10 pm

I'd give hollings a shot.

Texas is going to try to run the ball alot with Carr and Banks hurting-

Jacksonville gave up 60 yards to Pittman on 10 carries last week, also T. Jones scored a td-

If Hollings starts, I'd give him the rock-

Friendliness: %

This is the current news on Davis via Roto Times Sports

Postby TommyRhino » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:12 pm

Dec. 5 Domanick Davis was unable to return to practice yesterday and his status is up in the air for Sunday's game due to his ankle injury, according to the Houston Chronicle. If Davis can't go, Tony Hollings will start at running back for the Texans.
TommyRhino
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk