tie breaker question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

tie breaker question

Moderator: Football Moderators

tie breaker question

Postby drgonzo71 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:03 pm

im in a espn custom league and after points adjusted im left in a tied game. We use "total WR points" for our tie breaker. teams consist of qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex postion being rb or wr, te, k, def and a bench... Now does total wr points signify only starting wrs? and should a flex player be counted as a receiver if you choose to play a reciever for that spot? in my opinion "total wr points" means just that, Total points off all WRs on your roster....
agree or disagree?
drgonzo71 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: tie breaker question

Postby bigmck » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 pm

That could be either way. I think WR is a bad tie-breaker. I have never seen that before. I like Bench Points the best.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

id disagree...but it seems like if there isnt more clarification in your leagues scoring rules about this... you guys might want to change it for the future.

i would think it would only count starting players not a bench. i base this off the fact that generally teams in a league with same records are ranked according to seasonal points...which is based solely from your starting lineups. so thats generally the record "tie-breaker" (basically im trying to say that your starting lineup points are the only thing that ever mean anything in fantasy). also i would think it would be based off of strictly WR slots, not flex. i say that because if the league says the tiebreak is based off "total WR points", i take "WR" as meaning the slot in your roster tagged "WR"...the third slot is named flex.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drgonzo71 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 pm

while i apprieciate the reply deluxe_247, "flex" is the term i use because that is what its most commonly reffered to, but on my roster the postions is indentified as "rb/wr"... at no spot does the word "flex" appear in our espn fantasy home page...
drgonzo71 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 pm

drgonzo71 wrote:while i apprieciate the reply deluxe_247, "flex" is the term i use because that is what its most commonly reffered to, but on my roster the postions is indentified as "rb/wr"... at no spot does the word "flex" appear in our espn fantasy home page...

id still consider it the same thing. i tend to take rules as literally as possible. so if it says anything on the slot other than "WR", id say that doesnt count. i can totally see how an argument could be made to include every WR on your roster plus the flex if the rule is as simple as you said. this is why rules cant be made with such vague descriptions :-b ;-)

you could be totally right...this is just how id take it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TaDa » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 pm

only starting WRs should count. The RB/WR slot should not count. Why should a guy that decides to start 3 RBs be penalized in the case of a tie?

Anyhow, since there is ambiguity, the two teams should stay tied and the rules should be clarified for the next year. You should probably think about going with something a little more standard like most points from the bench.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 am

TaDa wrote:only starting WRs should count. The RB/WR slot should not count. Why should a guy that decides to start 3 RBs be penalized in the case of a tie?

Anyhow, since there is ambiguity, the two teams should stay tied and the rules should be clarified for the next year. You should probably think about going with something a little more standard like most points from the bench.

This. How did it turn out? Did it end up being just the 2 WR slots or was it all of them? What happened!!.?
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk