WAS JUST OFFERED ANDRE JOHNSON.... WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WAS JUST OFFERED ANDRE JOHNSON.... WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

WAS JUST OFFERED ANDRE JOHNSON.... WHIR!

Postby Ricky P » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Here's my situation.... I'm about to be 3-5 with some extremely important games coming up. I pretty much need to win out and my roster has basically gone through it's bye weeks except for Steve Smith. Here is my current squad:

QBs - Matt Hasselbeck, Carson Palmer

WRs - Steve Smith (Car), Mario Manningham, Steve Breaston, Jerome Simpson, Jason Hill

RBs - Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, DeMarco Murray, Jonathan Stewart

TEs - Rob Gronkowski, Benjamin Watson, Jermaine Gresham

K - Nick Novak

DEF - SF, Dallas

No, do not know why I have 3 TE's but they were just last minute FA pick ups this Sunday..

Okay, was just offered Andre Johnson and he's asking for Mario Manningham and Jonathan Stewart.... Am I missing something here? Is Johnson hurt worse than we think? Isn't he supposed to be back Week 9? Is Hakeem Nicks hurt so bad Manningham will be the #1? I personally don't love Stewart mixing and sharing with Cam and DeAngelo so he can go. But I need WR help and if Johnson is back healthy I need him. What do you guys think?? Will help with yours. Should I stop overthinking and pull the trigger here??

My issue is that the guy trading me Johnson is who I play week 11. That's going to be a huge game for the both of us and he's got AJ and Foster on a bye week and is basically trading to try and field a team that week. Do I take the trade anyway knowing I won't have AJ that week and at the same time I'm helping him field a team against me?
Ricky P
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WAS JUST OFFERED ANDRE JOHNSON.... WHIR!

Postby cloudng8 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:38 pm

i would do the trade... u get a stud when he comes back for 2 players that arent that good. They get looks but there not gonna kill you... what is your flex?? Wr/RB or wr/Te?
Fantasy team(2012)
Qb:Michael Vick
Rb:Matt Forte
Rb:MJD
Rb/Wr: A.j green
Wr: mike wallace
Wr:wes welker
Te:Aaron Hernandez
D:Cinn
K:Gould
cloudng8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ricky P » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm

cloudng8 wrote:i would do the trade... u get a stud when he comes back for 2 players that arent that good. They get looks but there not gonna kill you... what is your flex?? Wr/RB or wr/Te?

W/R/T
Ricky P
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TaDa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:44 pm

You absolutely do this deal. DeMarco Murray will fit very nicely into any flex slot, and you will have a beast of a WR for two players that you usually wouldn't play. Manningham had a decent game, but Cruz has established himself as the WR2 on the Giants. Scour the waiver wire for a bye week fill in, though Breaston should do you fine.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Drift Monkey » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:25 pm

I'd do this deal!

viewtopic.php?t=505707
Week 13

QB - Tim Tebow
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dez Bryant
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Ryan Mathews
TE - Jermichael Finley
W/R/T - Vincent Jackson
BN - Tony Romo
BN - Julio Jones
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Ben Tate
BN - Kevin Smith
K - Mason Crosby
D - Houston
Drift Monkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nkjordan2323 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm going to disagree with everyone here. I continue to read all the concerns over AJ and its not looking good. They have no reason to rush him back, especially after rushing Foster back. If you need players to play now, you can't afford to do this. This is a deal for someone sitting in first place playing for peanuts because they have things locked up.

I would honestly stand pat here. Manningham had a coming out last week and should roll as a WR2 pretty consistently. Eli tosses the ball way too much to not get a ton of looks.

Little help.. viewtopic.php?t=506479
nkjordan2323
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby tryst86 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:22 pm

That's a tough call, especially if you're in a situation where you need to win out. You'd be trading for a stud WR for sure, but he can't do much when he's on the bench riding the pine pony. Mario Manningham is getting his looks and finally putting up some fantasy points. With Hakeem Nicks injured and possibly out that bodes well for Manningham. Given your current situation I wouldn't do it, since you wouldn't be able to play AJ immediately.

little help

viewtopic.php?t=506496
tryst86
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions