Most Pleasant Suprises at Mid-season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most Pleasant Suprises at Mid-season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Most Pleasant Suprises at Mid-season?

Postby Cuffs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 am

Jimmy Graham. Got him in the 11th round of a 12 team draft, and he has been the one truly reliable receiver (TE or WR) on my roster full of boom-or-bust types like VJAX and A.Johnson.

Second the Beanie Wells shout out. I took him in round 7 hoping for backup production, and I start him every week. He's not likely to win your matchup for you, but he's reliable for 20 touches and at least 10 pts every week.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:04 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:My WR combo is Welker and Steve Smith, so that's pretty nice. Tony Gonzalez has also been very solid.

Most Pleasant Suprises at Mid-season?

None of these 3 guys are really a surprise

Many of the pundits were down on Gonzalez pre-season, babbling on about how he couldn't seperate anymore. They were fools as usual. Gonzalez remains a stud.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GAMETIME03 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 am

Matt Forte and Beanie Wells.
Thought Matt Forte would be top 10 in a PPR league but never thought that he would be only 2 points behind Adrian Peterson.
Beanie Wells, although I missed his 3 TD game b/c I thought he would sit out, he has still been one of my best mid-late round pickups.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:46 am

Have to go with Graham, Sproles, and the Lions D. Had high expectations for Graham, but no way could I envision him breaking out like he did. Sproles is doing what I thought he could, but never thought he would get as much opportunity as he has. And the Lions D has held its own most weeks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby spodog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 am

John Kasay.

Wasn't even on an NFL roster when our fantasy draft was held. I didn't draft a kicker. Picked him up as a FA after Garrett Hartley went out.

Has been money every week, with the exception of the Rams blasting of the Saints, which no one saw coming.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk