Trading for Crabtree, and Trading Away BMarshall - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trading for Crabtree, and Trading Away BMarshall - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trading for Crabtree, and Trading Away BMarshall - WHIR

Postby tapionminoshi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 am

I really want Crabtree. I almost made some offers for him last week, and it got lost in the shuffle of me working some larger deals. I think he has potential to really break out in the 2nd half with his talents combined with the crazy number of targets he's receiving.

I sent an offer of Pierre Thomas for Crabtree, since the other owner is desperate for RBs, but if he declines, how far should I go in trying to pick him up? With my roster, I'm actually thinking of offering BMarshall for him if he refuses PThomas. I already have a clear cut WR1+2 in Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings, and Antonio Brown is trending up for sure. What do you think I should offer if PThomas gets shut down?

Lastly, this guy has been openly saying he's looking to shake things up on his team after a 2-6 start. Who else on his team is worth a look for me? I offered him SJax for Nicks last week, and he countered with SJax for Maclin, which I turned down (thank god, heh). Kinda interested in Julio Jones and Beanie Wells. Is BMarshall straight up for JJones reasonable for me? BMarshall is my least favorite play on my team.

Here's his roster:

QB Drew Brees, NO QB
RB Chris Johnson, Ten RB
RB Knowshon Moreno, Den RB
RB/WR Michael Crabtree, SF WR
WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR
TE Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE
D/ST Lions D/ST D/ST
K Dan Carpenter, Mia K

BENCH
Bench Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR
Bench Beanie Wells, Ari RB
Bench Jermichael Finley, GB TE
Bench Victor Cruz, NYG WR
Bench Redskins D/ST D/ST
Bench Julio Jones, Atl WR
Bench Steve Breaston, KC WR
IR Earnest Graham
10 Team PPR
QB - MStafford(DET)
RB - APeterson(MIN), MForte(CHI), DSproles(NO), BTate(HOU), JBell(DET), LMiller(MIA), SVereen(NE)
WR - DBryant(DAL), TSmith(HOU), JGordon(CLE), EDecker(DEN), JJones(GB)
TE - Gronk(NE)
tapionminoshi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trading for Crabtree, and Trading Away BMarshall - WHIR

Postby schmidty » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 am

Well, I'd have to think an offer of BMarsh for Crabtree (or JJones) would look extremely appealing. If you're higher on either of those WRs than Marshall, that should get it done.

Personally, I like to make moves that improve my starters ... and this doesn't do that. Once Megatron's bye is done, your starters look solid. RB is the only spot that looks to need some help (not sure if you can count on Murray getting all the touches and Greene/Blount/PT all have their issues). Maybe you can buy on Beanie? He's kind of a boom-bust play with his injury history. But I'd rather be getting him on my team (if I were you), since he has starting potential, instead of Crabtree (who will never see my lineup with Megatron and Jennings ahead of him). Marshall for Beanie ... probably won't get it done (though you could try). Maybe Marshall + your least favorite RB for Beanie could work? And if there's a RB of yours he really likes (not SJax obviously), Marshall + RB for Beanie + Crabtree would happen.

Help in return? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=506510
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VickFan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 am

I would try to trade your bench guys (Thomas, M. Williams, and Brown) first, then if he doesn't go for it go as far as B. Marshall if you really don't like him on your roster. Hopefully he goes for Thomas. Another option is to package Greene/WR for Wells/Crabtree.

Thanks for the help with mine.
10 Team Standard League. (Record: 7-3)

QB - Cam, Palmer
WR - Welker, A. Johnson, S. Smith, P. Harvin, A. Brown
RB - Forte, Mendenhall, R. Matthews, Bush
TE - Finley
K - Kasay
DEF - NYJ
VickFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tapionminoshi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 am

First replied: I actually have fjones along with Murray, forgot to list him. The plan would be to start 3 WR's if crabtree blows up for the second half of the year like I have a feeling may happen.

Vickfan: I just got pthomas off waivers this week, and he got ctree off waivers last week, so hopefully he accepts since he is in desperate need of rb's. I can't imagine him trading wells unless I sent 2 RB's back at him. Something like SGreene + Blount + WR for Wells + Maclin.
10 Team PPR
QB - MStafford(DET)
RB - APeterson(MIN), MForte(CHI), DSproles(NO), BTate(HOU), JBell(DET), LMiller(MIA), SVereen(NE)
WR - DBryant(DAL), TSmith(HOU), JGordon(CLE), EDecker(DEN), JJones(GB)
TE - Gronk(NE)
tapionminoshi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions