Trade and Roster advice plz. WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade and Roster advice plz. WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade and Roster advice plz. WHIR 100%

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:53 am

12 team league standard scoring start 1 QB 2RB 2WR 1flex 1 TE 1K 1DEF

So I've had an interesting year, I got killed with injuries (Britt and Charles) and was forced into trading to keep myself afloat, While I think I did an exceptional job making trades (got Ryan mathews for Owen Daniels and David Nelson) and increased my overall value. I failed to live by a common fantasy football mantra that we were all taught in the beginning: I have too many players on one team

QB: Phillip Rivers, Dalton
RB: Fred Jackson, Ryan Mathews, Jackie Battle, Roy Helu, Ronnie Browm (got screwed here, picked him up on WW during trade talks w/ DET)
WR: Michael Crabtree, Nate Washington, Sydney Rice, Denarius Moore (thinking about dropping for Baldwin but that's another story)
TE: Antonio Gates, Greg Olsen
K: N. Novack
DEF: San Diego

In case you didn't notice i have 5 out of my 9 starts as chargers... you can argue that kickers and defenses shouldn't really count as additions to the team (kickers don't matter imo, but I think a DEF does, what are your thoughts?) but even still I would have 3 arguably four players on my starting lineup.

Who would you try and trade here? Phillip Rivers has played poor lately and I don't think I could honestly trade straight up for anybody near Phillips level, besides his team is now finally healthy and while he is turning the ball over a lot he's putting up a lot of yards...I mean 400 yards passing against the chiefs is actually pretty good minus the TO of course. Ryan Mathews has looked good, I could certainly get similar value for him, but he's a little banged up ATM so I feel i'll have to wait a week or two before I could trade him for maximum value.

what RB do you think you could get Mathews for? what value does Ryan Mathews and Jackie Battle equal up to in a 2 for 1?

Antonio gates...I dunno what to do here, it looks like he's healthy so I could get trade value for him, Hell he got 80 yards tonight and a touchdown that called back on a bullshit call while being double teamed all night. unfortunately I'd have to trade for another TE because I have Olsen. Would you trade gates straight up for Aaron Hernandez?

also I have a potential trade for Owen Daniels, If I Got Daniels I'd imagine I'd go for a WR, What Value at WR could I get for Gates?

overall what would suggest my plan be?

sorry for the length I will make an effort to be very thorough in any response I give to those who help. just post link and I WHIR 100% thanks!
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade and Roster advice plz. WHIR 100%

Postby VickFan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:50 am

As long as you made it through the San Diego bye week unscathed, then you should be alright having all the Chargers guys. They're schedule isn't too bad. I'd stay put with Rivers, he's not worth much right now and should have a much better ending to the season. I'd also stick with Gates too, he looked good and I think he's worth more than Hernandez.

Straight up Matthews might get you a guy like Gore, Bradshaw, or S. Jax. I might make a play for Gore. Packaged with Battle, wouldn't get you much more unless the other team is really hurting for backups and there is nothing on the FA list. At the very most MoJo or Turner, but not likely. I'd try Gore first then throw Battle in if he doesn't go for it. Although, that leaves you with weak backups. Who's available on the FA list?

I'd say Gates could get you a WR like Dez, Colston, Marshall, Stevie Johnson, or maybe Maclin depending on the other team's need for a TE. Your wideouts are a bit weak, I would probably be looking into trying to get a solid WR option. Other than that, team looks good considering the injuries. Hope this helps.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=506514
10 Team Standard League. (Record: 7-3)

QB - Cam, Palmer
WR - Welker, A. Johnson, S. Smith, P. Harvin, A. Brown
RB - Forte, Mendenhall, R. Matthews, Bush
TE - Finley
K - Kasay
DEF - NYJ
VickFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football