He isn't that good? HMMMMMM - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

He isn't that good? HMMMMMM

Moderator: Football Moderators

He isn't that good? HMMMMMM

Postby KK_Cowboy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was given a doozy of an assignment in his first NFL start, asked to line up against Bengals rookie wideout A.J. Green.

By most accounts, Green's been everything this surprising 5-2 Cincinnati team hoped for when they took him fourth overall in April's draft, but Sherman walked away unimpressed after the Seahawks' 34-12 loss.

"I would say he's probably one of the most overrated receivers out there," Sherman told KJR-AM, via The Seattle Times. "He wasn't anything special. (Andy) Dalton was a good quarterback. He makes good decisions, but A.J. Green is just a lot of noise talking and bad routes."

So let's see here, this is a guy who by a lot of people's accounts was 2nd to Julio Jones in terms of the WR class this year. Not only has he helped his team to a surprising record, but also is top 15 in yards and tied for 3rd with 5 TD's on the season (his last just happened to be against Seattle). As a nice little bonus he is 6th in fantasy points this year. Not too bad for a rookie that at least in my draft didn't go until the 10th round.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: He isn't that good? HMMMMMM

Postby biju » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:20 pm

KK_Cowboy wrote:Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was given a doozy of an assignment in his first NFL start, asked to line up against Bengals rookie wideout A.J. Green.

By most accounts, Green's been everything this surprising 5-2 Cincinnati team hoped for when they took him fourth overall in April's draft, but Sherman walked away unimpressed after the Seahawks' 34-12 loss.

"I would say he's probably one of the most overrated receivers out there," Sherman told KJR-AM, via The Seattle Times. "He wasn't anything special. (Andy) Dalton was a good quarterback. He makes good decisions, but A.J. Green is just a lot of noise talking and bad routes."

So let's see here, this is a guy who by a lot of people's accounts was 2nd to Julio Jones in terms of the WR class this year. Not only has he helped his team to a surprising record, but also is top 15 in yards and tied for 3rd with 5 TD's on the season (his last just happened to be against Seattle). As a nice little bonus he is 6th in fantasy points this year. Not too bad for a rookie that at least in my draft didn't go until the 10th round.

It's worth mentioning that A.J. Green had 4 catches for 63 yards and 1 TD against the Seahawks, 43 yards of it on the TD pass over the safety's head (not Sherman). On top of that, Sherman had an INT and caused a second INT in jump balls against Green.

I'm not saying Sherman is right, but by all accounts this kid had a magnificent day against one of the soon-to-be premier receivers in the game. I like that Sherman is showing some bravado--this Seattle team needs some. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Re: He isn't that good? HMMMMMM

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm

biju wrote:
KK_Cowboy wrote:Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was given a doozy of an assignment in his first NFL start, asked to line up against Bengals rookie wideout A.J. Green.

It's worth mentioning that A.J. Green had 4 catches for 63 yards and 1 TD against the Seahawks, 43 yards of it on the TD pass over the safety's head (not Sherman). On top of that, Sherman had an INT and caused a second INT in jump balls against Green.

I'm not saying Sherman is right, but by all accounts this kid had a magnificent day against one of the soon-to-be premier receivers in the game. I like that Sherman is showing some bravado--this Seattle team needs some. ;-D

I agree. I have no problem with people talking $hit as long as they can back it up.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk