Stafford on a bye, roll the dice? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Stafford on a bye, roll the dice?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stafford on a bye, roll the dice?

Postby aerathi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:03 pm

So I have Stafford on a bye this week, with Colt McCoy and Carson Palmer on the bench. I'm playing the worst team in the league (he's 1-7, I'm 7-1). His highest week was a 90, and in week 7 he had an 11. I only had two weeks where I was below 130, one was a 97 when ray rice was on a bye and the other was an 88 on week 7 when I had welker, bradshaw and nicks on a bye, mcfadden hurt his foot on the first drive, and Baltimore sucked it up on Monday night. The perfect crap storm for my only loss :/

The main payouts go to highest score (which I have a 75 point lead on) and best record (which I'm also in first in).

Should I take the guarunteed 10-12 points for McCoy, or leverage the one week I might actually play Palmer for the variability? What would you do?
aerathi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stafford on a bye, roll the dice?

Postby robotninja » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Sounds like you should steam roll this week, i would take the easy points from mccoy and an easy victory. Im wondering what to do about Stafford myself, thoughts?

viewtopic.php?t=506564
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby MMhawk607 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 pm

I seriously think Palmer's in threat of losing a job if he plays like he did his first game.
The QB situation in Oakland sure is messy.

Go with McCoy.
Dude with throw an INT I'm sure. But he passes ALOT. Easy 10-14 points.
if you take away the Seattle game then McCoy has passed for over 200 yards every game so far.

advice?:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=506641

B-)
so pro.
MMhawk607 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby ramble2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 am

I'd go with McCoy. He's been okay this season. SEA and SF weren't his best weeks, but otherwise he's been a steady producer. I wouldn't trust Palmer. That OAK vs. DEN game might feature the worst combined QB game play in the last 10 years.

I take it your point is that there's very little risk of losing, so may as well roll the dice. I don't know, I'd go with the steady points and keep trying to build that point lead. But what do you think Palmer's upside is here? If you think it's reasonable he can put up 50% more points that McCoy than I can see taking the risk, though I would think there's just as good a chance he'll crap the bed.

Input on mine? OAK vs KC DEF this week?
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tripower » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 am

Perhaps you have more options than simply selecting Palmer or McCoy? Who else is available in your league? I'd start someone like Dalton or Ponder, who may be available....
tripower
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby aerathi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 pm

ramble2 wrote: But what do you think Palmer's upside is here? If you think it's reasonable he can put up 50% more points that McCoy than I can see taking the risk, though I would think there's just as good a chance he'll crap the bed.OAK vs KC DEF this week?

332 yards and 3 TDs upside! Ha, no but seriously I started Palmer, and thank god I did. I didn't expect both Bradshaw and Nicks to be out along with McFadden. Man am I lucky, cause I ended up only winning by 6 points. If I hadn't started Palmer I would have lost >.<
aerathi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench