Giants-Patriots Preview - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Giants-Patriots Preview

Moderator: Football Moderators

Giants-Patriots Preview

Postby fantrax11 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:13 am

Nearly four years ago, Eli Manning upstaged Tom Brady to give the New York Giants a stunning Super Bowl win over the previously unbeaten New England Patriots.

That's probably one reason why Manning claims he's in the same class as Brady, and his play this season is backing up that uncharacteristic statement.

Manning will try to lead the injury-riddled Giants to another upset of Brady and the Patriots when they meet at Gillette Stadium on Sunday.
fantrax11
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Giants-Patriots Preview

Postby GAMETIME03 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 am

not arguing that Eli won't play well, NE defense is too weak, but NE does not lose.
NE does not do two things, lose two in a row or lose at home.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:35 pm

GAMETIME03 wrote:not arguing that Eli won't play well, NE defense is too weak, but NE does not lose.
NE does not do two things, lose two in a row or lose at home.

Hard to argue with that. I would bet the farm that they would not lose two in a row. I would bet double the farm if that game was being played at home. NO way they lose this week.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:29 pm

while i think the giants are a team capable of beating any team on the league on any given sunday...i have doubts that they will win this one. maybe if the pats had won last week...but i dont see them losing again. i do see this being a high scoring game though. i can see eli throwing for 3 tds.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Pats gonna go on a 3 game losing streak! Gmen this week! The Jets next week! ;-D ;-D No, but seriously, they will.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 pm

In years past I might agree that the Pats have too much pride and all that to let themselves lose 2 games in a row and especially the 2nd at home but this year's team just may not have the talent to "ensure" that kind of a rebound game here. Just as was the case last week, the New England defensive backs are simply outclassed by the receivers the Giants will put out there especially if Nicks plays this week. And on the other side of the ball, the Giants have a defensive line capable of getting pressure on Brady without requiring heavy blitzes which is exactly what you need to disrupt their offense.

The Patriots right now seem to keep taking steps in the wrong direction each week and I did see one stat that showed that their yards per play as dropped each game this season since week 1 which is a pretty troubling trend. I could see this being a higher scoring game but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the Giants come out on top. To me it matters more which Giants team shows up rather than whether the Patriots have the pride to come back and win here. If the Giants show up to play and don't start slow like they have in many games, it could be another long day for the Pats.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah, their defense is terrible. But until they lose two in a row or one at home I think its foolish to think otherwise. Does it not amaze anyone else here what the Pats are able to do? I mean im not on their nutz or anything im just saying. I mean year after year after year they continue to basically dominate. This year they have one of the leagues worst defenses. Despite that they will be playing playoff football, almost guaranteed.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk