Need Advice RBs and Flex WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Advice RBs and Flex WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Advice RBs and Flex WHIR 100%

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 am

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on my RB situation, here's my roster. 10 Team NFL.com standard scoring non-ppr

QB - Brady
RB - Turner
RB - Sproles
WR - Jennings
WR - AJ Green
TE - Gronkowski
WR/RB - Bryant
K - Kasay
DEF - SF

Bench:
Hillis
Cruz
Mendenhall
Gonzalez
Jordy Nelson
Green-Ellis

In the draft I picked up Hillis, Mendenhall and Deangelo Williams thinking I was set with 3 solid RBs. I think I've made a pretty good team considering - picking up Sproles out of the FA early and doing the same with Cam Newton and trading him for Turner.

First Question: Sproles - Is he a solid RB2 every week in a non ppr league? He has a decent amount of points but more receiving yards then rushing. With already tending to put a receiver in the flex, am I being too risky?

Second Question: Flex - Since this is supposedly my final line-up unless I trade, should I be putting one of my RBs at the flex? Truth is Cruz and Nelson are actually scoring the most points this season, but I like Dez Bryant and have had good luck putting him at that flex or subbing him in at WR bye weeks. Numerous people this week (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=506686&p=3391653#p3391653) have told me to put BJGE at flex but I did that last week with only a .9 result. He's been a dissapointment all season with the Pats not having a dependable runner/rushing game. I could've won if I'd picked up Antonio Brown and started him. I kind of want to wait to see if any of those backs will breakout for the end of the season, but I want advice.

Third Question: Trade - Should I try and get a new RB? It seems like if I was to trade Green-Ellis away along with maybe A.J. Green I could get a solid RB2 - possibly Frank Gore? Green-Ellis I think has more perceived value than actual and I can't see him being a reliable start at any point this season, not even more than Mendy. I'm also looking to unload Gonzalez, but don't think I could get a solid RB without throwing in one of my Receivers.

I know this is a lot so I'll help whatever 100% love talking fantasy especially on a light work week :)
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions