Make the trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Make the trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Make the trade?

Postby oakstreetboy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Here is my team: I'm 7-1, and feeling pretty good about my team, so trades to me need to really help me out long term. Standard scoring, no PPR, 1 pt 10 yards rush/rec, 6 pts TDs

QB: Rivers
RB: McFadden, Gore, Murray, Tolbert, Michael Bush, Tate, Addai, Helu
WR: Steve Smith, Bowe, Maclin, Branch, Harvin, Doucet
TE: Aaron Hernandez
K: Akers
D: 49'ers

I was offered Ray Rice (128) and Vincent Jackson (65) for Gore (104) and Steve Smith (117).

I put there points to date in parenthesis next to there names. As you can see, Rice has scored 24 more than Gore, but Smith has scored 52 more than V-Jax (Smith is on bye this week though).

So is the upgrade to Rice enough to downgrade to V-Jax? This would cause me to be very dependant on the Chargers since I'd have Rivers and V-Jax. If this trade was offered a few weeks ago, I think it would be a no brainer, but now I'm not so sure. Rice gets PIT, SEA, CIN, SF the next four weeks, but does it matter, he is very good. His playoff schedule is nice with IND, SD and CLE, where Gore gets PIT and SEA in weeks 15 and 16.

Thoughts? Leave a link and I'll answer yours. Thank you!
oakstreetboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Make the trade?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Its very very close. I think I would pick the Rice/Jackson side. Its hard though...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby VickFan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:00 pm

I'd take the deal. It's pretty close, but I like Rice's schedule in the playoffs. That's the deciding factor for me. I don't like V. Jax...he's got BAL and DET in week 15 and 16, but I'd say it's worth the risk.
10 Team Standard League. (Record: 7-3)

QB - Cam, Palmer
WR - Welker, A. Johnson, S. Smith, P. Harvin, A. Brown
RB - Forte, Mendenhall, R. Matthews, Bush
TE - Finley
K - Kasay
DEF - NYJ
VickFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ryan2ss » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 pm

i like the rice/jackson side, too. rivers and vjax are due for some big weeks. and when does frank gore get hurt? even losing smith you are stacked at wideout with bowe, maclin, vjax and harvin. i think i would do this deal.
ryan2ss
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Lando50 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I'd do this deal. I like having the Rivers-Jackson combo, plus rice is a stud.

take a look at mine: viewtopic.php?t=506655
Lando50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Gore over the last 4 weeks has 400 yards rushing, and 3 scores. Rice has 192 yards and 3 scores. I think we all now how Rice got those 3 scores, which means he had NO scores in 3 of his past 4 games. Rice had a great start and Gore had a poor one. VJax I'm not crazy about, and I think I'd rather have Smith as he's looking like the Smith from a few years back and actually has a QB that can make plays and get him the ball.

Sure Rice is a stud, but so is Gore, and Gore has been playing out of his mind since week 4, Rice has been slumping as the Ravens offense has been slumping. I didnt see anything against the Carindals, one of the worst defenses in the league, that showed that the Ravens are going to get back to moving the ball well. For me, it feels like a lateral move, and I'd prefer to have the Gore/Smith side.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=506979
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions