Chris Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Johnson

Postby bungle613 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Surprised there is no WTF??? What is wrong with CJ thread but I may have missed it. So, WTF is wrong with Chris Johnson?

I am hearing bad things that he is laying it down? Is the same guy who piped up about...

2500 yards, 4000 total yards, where is my money?

a chicken? Did he take the payday and run or is this an injury we don't know about or soemthign else?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Johnson

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

I think its one of two things. Either he took the money and basically retired the day he signed the contract. Or he hurt himself somehow and hid it from everyone by holding out and has not been the same since. I dont know lol, I dont think anyone knows. At this point Im not sure what would surprise me more, him ripping off some huge games, or Ringer completely taking the number one job.

If he truly took the money and just does not give a crap anymore thats truly sad...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:13 pm

i read a quote from him today where he says that he deserves the money he got paid based on what he has done in the past . really?... the guy is a tool....simple as that. he has a terrible attitude in general and i think its translating on the field.

hasselbeck said he sees the same thing hapening to johnson that happened to alexander when he got his big 8 year contract and completely tanked after that. (though i think that had more to do with the disassembling of seattles offensive line that made SA what he was).

i see all kind of analysts and fans still making excuses for this guy...that defenses are in the backfield...its not his fault..his coaches need to learn how to run plays for him...yada yada...im over all the excuses.

there arent a lot of teams that have their running backs not have to fight for yards...not get hit in the backfield sometimes...that have great offensive lines and blocking...yet they still average more than 2.8 YPC. thats just pathetic for anyone...let alone someone of his calibre.

and a even bigger indicator that should make people realize its johnson is that his backups are outperforming him. i think the titans need to send johnson a message and have him back up ringer for a game. maybe he will change his tune and work ethic if he doesnt feel like the world revolves around him anymore. or maybe he wouldnt even care....wouldnt surprise me.

oh yeah...did i mention im not a chris johnson fan now? :-b :-D

he is still just as much of a pre madonna (yes i know the proper latin spelling now, dont worry) as i thought he was pre season when i got questioned in here for considering dropping him then in my keeper league.
Last edited by deluxe_247 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FFslacker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:33 pm

I think it is the money. He never had a problem in the past years being elite even though the box was stacked. It's not like the titans were ever a passing juggernaut or even remotely scary with their aerial attack while he was there. To me it just seems like he learned too well from Haynesworth. :-b
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mr.freeze18 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Has anyone noticed, how much CJ resembles Lil Wayne
My Roster
QB / Giants
RB/ LeGarrette Blount , LeSean McCoy, Demarco Murray
WR/ Anqaun Boldin, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, Mario Manningham
KICKER / Falcons
DEF/ Bengals
Taxi Squad / Chris Johnson
mr.freeze18
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Here is what I can't piece together. For 3 years he is all talk about yards, records being a star and he backed it up. Then when he does get paid, it is over. Doesn't make sense that he talks that long and then he would not want to continue to strive for achievements.

Has anyone told him he still has one contract left to go barring injury. He can cash in for another $50 mil if all the cards fall right.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Per rotoworld:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that "several teams" around the league believe the Titans may release Chris Johnson before the fifth day of the new league year in 2012.
Johnson's 2012 salary of $8 million would be guaranteed if he's on the roster at that point. It's guaranteed for injury only. According to PFT, the feeling is now that the Titans won't pay the money "unless his on-field play improves significantly." The fifth day of the next league year would fall in early March of 2012. Johnson signed a six-year, $55.26 million contract on September 1, and has been thoroughly ineffective through seven games.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Nov 6 - 10:49 AM

Imagine that...
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby dgan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:53 pm

I wish the NFL had separate rules for negotiating contracts with RBs. That position is so volatile, you can't blame the player for demanding a contract after one or two good years, but you can't blame the team for not wanting to do it. It's the one position that almost does "deserve" (hate that word) to be paid for past performance.

If they had more incentives built into the rookie contracts, they could give less guaranteed on later contracts. Then this wouldn't be as much of an issue. I mean, NFL teams would be better off trading every star RB in the final year of their rookie deal...you can almost always find another RB.

Forte's gotta be watching this just hating every minute of it...lol.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:48 pm

dgan wrote:I wish the NFL had separate rules for negotiating contracts with RBs. That position is so volatile, you can't blame the player for demanding a contract after one or two good years, but you can't blame the team for not wanting to do it. It's the one position that almost does "deserve" (hate that word) to be paid for past performance.

If they had more incentives built into the rookie contracts, they could give less guaranteed on later contracts. Then this wouldn't be as much of an issue. I mean, NFL teams would be better off trading every star RB in the final year of their rookie deal...you can almost always find another RB.

Forte's gotta be watching this just hating every minute of it...lol.

Yeah seriously cause they are not going to pay him. They are thinking to themselves okay we cant make the same mistake that Tenn made with CJ....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 am

Dawinner127 wrote:Per rotoworld:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that "several teams" around the league believe the Titans may release Chris Johnson before the fifth day of the new league year in 2012.
Johnson's 2012 salary of $8 million would be guaranteed if he's on the roster at that point. It's guaranteed for injury only. According to PFT, the feeling is now that the Titans won't pay the money "unless his on-field play improves significantly." The fifth day of the next league year would fall in early March of 2012. Johnson signed a six-year, $55.26 million contract on September 1, and has been thoroughly ineffective through seven games.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Nov 6 - 10:49 AM

Imagine that...

I can't buy into that. The Titans valued him enough to sign him to an extension that puts him under contract for the next 6 years and pays him $30 mil guaranteed and then after a slow start to the first year they are already speculating to the point that "several" other teams have heard they may cut him makes no sense. So let's assume that he does in fact suck the entire season. Is it really possible that to save $8 million that they would pay him $38 to $43 million (actual figures are disputed) for 1 year of crap play?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Football Talk