Tough call about bradshaw/Jacobs WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Tough call about bradshaw/Jacobs WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tough call about bradshaw/Jacobs WHIR

Postby fierro33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:08 pm

im in a high scoring 10 teamer, and my weakest position is RB (CJ,MJD,Mendy,Murray)

Jacobs is a available to pick up and from what im reading between the lines is that Bradshaw will opt for surgery.

we get a pt per 3 carries, 5 pt bonuses for 20 carries, 10 catches,100 yds, PPR, and pts for completions and pass attempts, so its tough to drop one of my qbs who score so many pts. Looks like my only options to drop are Hernandez or Lloyd. I think Lloyd will come on strong with bradford back soon, and hernandez lools like a low end 1 tight end. What do i do?

QB Stafford (Romo, Ben)
RB Chris Johnson (Murray)
RB MJD (Mendenhall)
WR Calvin (Wallace)
WR Welker (Lloyd)
TE Graham (hernandez)
K Crosby
D Philly
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tough call about bradshaw/Jacobs WHIR

Postby ilovedapats » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 pm

If i were you I would not adjust my roster to pick up jacobs.
I would keep the guys you have. what a team by the way! Murray should remain the starter in dallas in my opinion too so stick with your guys as i agree and think lloyd comes to life soon or continues at least as he did last week. 75 yds a week and a TD... better than Jacobs i think.
with bradshaw out... Giants pass more and dont forget about Ware, the Giants may want to take a look at him as a back that handles more of a load.

Please helP!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=506920
ilovedapats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fierro33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

i have to emphasize the pts we get for carries here.
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby schmidty » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm hearing Bradshaw is likely to play. Seems like you'd be dropping a lot to take such a gamble on Jacobs. If I'm reading your roster correctly, you start 2 RBs ... and you already have a bunch of guys I'd start over Jacobs (MJD, Mendy, Murray, CJ). It doesn't seem worth it. In a shallow league, since it sounds like word on Bradshaw will be fuzzy for a while I wouldn't think Jacobs would be such a priority. Does anyone trade in your league? The point of carrying 3 QBs in a standard (start 1) league is to use one for trade bait, since they don't help you win on a weekly basis. Big Ben's had a nice string of games ... would anyone buy on him?

Help me out? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=506927
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)

Postby chadschwarze2 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:59 pm

I just think that dropping either Lloyd or Hernandez would be too much risk with not a substantial return. I would try to package Hernandez with one of your RB's and try to upgrade at RB honestly.
Thanks For The Awesome Sig FFGuru13
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby c0megets0me » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I wouldnt drop any of those players for Jacobs but I would suggest trading one of you qb's to upgrade at another spot. You have ALOT of depth and wasted points just sitting on the bench. Why not trade some depth for a stud WR or RB? Package a QB and either a rb or wr and get a playmaker in return.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby fierro33 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Trading is much easier said than done...its tough to trade in this league, and im really good at coming up w deals as i make tons of trades in other leagues....in the meantime i need to figure out who i need more...jacobs or hernandez( i think lloyd will be a top 5 wr with bradford actually)
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions