Should I bench Rivers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Should I bench Rivers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I bench Rivers?

Postby billyinvt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:27 pm

It just seems to go against the "always start your studs" rule. He certainly isn't playing very studlike football this season. I have Hasslebeck as a back-up and he's actually having a better year. He's also got a great match-up this week against Cinncinati at home.
billyinvt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I bench Rivers?

Postby oe14203 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 pm

I definitely would this week with Rivers playing GB. You've given him 8 weeks to help you out and it hasn't turned out very well yet. although Hasselbeck hasn't scored many more pts yet either. I would either trade or get someone on FA
oe14203
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jblaze102 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 am

If it was unquestionable you can stray from the play your stud rule. When there is doubt. PLAY YOUR STUD. Cincinatti is better at defending the pass than you think. They have allowed the 6th fewest points in the NFL through the air. They are a top 10 pass defense which is more than I can say for Green Bay who has allowed a whopping 289 yards/gm! (passing) The only team to allow more yardage per game is... You guessed it; New England. No, I would not bench Rivers.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby SmokyMcNasty » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:25 am

I don't blame ya for wanting to bench Rivers. He has played like crap... but you gotta play Rivers this week. This game has potential to be a shootout. Chargers will have no choice but to pass 40+ times just to keep up with Green Bay (plus Chargers main rusher Matthews injured). Rivers might turn the ball over in this game, but I also expect a lot of yards and multiple TD's.
SmokyMcNasty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Game » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 am

I understand your frustration with Rivers as I own him in one of my leagues as well, but I think you have to start him over Hasselbeck especially once you take a closer look at the matchups.

viewtopic.php?t=506998
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Return to Who to Start/Bench