URGENT=-need your opinion re: this trade....! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

URGENT=-need your opinion re: this trade....!

Moderator: Football Moderators

URGENT=-need your opinion re: this trade....!

Postby jaker » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:16 pm

a trade was made in my league:

fred taylor/tim brown/a. freeman
for
wilkins-k/moss/tiki barber

which team do you think benefits
is this trade fair?
should this trade be banned?

pls let me kow!
jaker

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Interesting

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:02 pm

It certainly is an INTERESTING trade. It doesn't really sound unfair, but the person trading away Moss is crazy. Taylor is a million times the back that Barber is, but he's never healthy. Tim Brown is a couple of levels behind Randy, and I'd rather have J. Wilkins on my team than Antonio Freeman. I wouldn't veto it, but it certainly isn't what you usually expect from a trade.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:14 pm

its not that bad. id rather be gettin moss, but its definately not bad enough to veto.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:37 pm

i would want to be getting moss but like they said its not uneven enough to ban the trade either because theres no real talent going with moss.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:44 pm

When you size it up,Taylor for Wilkins (now I know about his injuries,but he's one of the best backs in the league when healthy),Moss for Brown (Brown's good,but doesn't have near the amount of talent as Moss),Freeman for Barber (could be the only fair part of the trade.)

Giving up Moss could be a costly mistake for Team 2,but their also getting Taylor for a kicker!It's not bad enough to try and veto it,but I would like to know both sides reasoning behind it.
n_tremain23

Postby Arlo » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:45 pm

I have to admit, if somebody offered me that package for Moss, I'd be very tempted. Whether I'd accept or not depends on the rest of my team's roster, but it's certainly an offer worth considering.

With so many question marks surrounding Taylor and Freeman, this could fall either way. If somebody wants to take this gamble, that's their decision. There's no foul play here.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk