Election 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Election 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Election 2004

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:50 pm

With all this talk about the War, it's got me in the political mood. So what does everyone think about the Democratic canidates and their chance against Bush in 2004?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:18 pm

I am right wing but I don't think that anybody will have a big chance at taking Bush down. People are over-all happy with him I think and his approval rating is still pretty high. I still have no idea who will get the best shot for the democrats though. Hillary will in 2008.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Arlo » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:40 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I am right wing but I don't think that anybody will have a big chance at taking Bush down. People are over-all happy with him I think and his approval rating is still pretty high. I still have no idea who will get the best shot for the democrats though. Hillary will in 2008.

I'm not really sure what to make of the approval ratings we're seeing. Bush is back at 56% or so, but he's negative on most of the key issues (first and foremost Iraq, but also taxes, deficit, health insurance, etc.). It's tough to judge those numbers with a split like that.

In any case, no matter which side you're on, it's early days yet. A lot can change between now and the election.

Should be an interesting year...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:58 pm

M_Zimm wrote:People are over-all happy with him I think and his approval rating is still pretty high.

Are you sure about that statement, buddy?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ronald » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:08 pm

As long as Reverend Al Sharpton and/or Joe Lieberman don't come out as the democratic candidate, I think it's fairly open. There are quite a few things wrong with the country that Bush is being blamed for, which could make things interesting.

As Arlo said, it's still early.

[sarcasm]Is Alan Keyes running? I want my $20.00 minimum wage![/sarcasm]
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:16 pm

I guess I was wrong. Thanks for informing me guys. I need to get off here and watch the news more...I just don't fine the news quite as intersting as FF. :-P
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AF » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:09 pm

Honestly though, doesn't every candidate say he is going to lower taxes and fix health care then proceed to do nothing after they get elected? I'm not sure which way I will vote in 2004 it is still way too early to consider seeing as how we don't know who the Dem will be sending to the plate but every time a candidate promises lower taxes and better health care I have to take it with a grain of salt.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:24 pm

AF wrote:Honestly though, doesn't every candidate say he is going to lower taxes and fix health care then proceed to do nothing after they get elected?

The U.S. has the best health care system in the world.....why does everybody say we have to "fix it"?
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:17 am

Buckychudd wrote:The U.S. has the best health care system in the world.....why does everybody say we have to "fix it"?

The U.S. has the most expensive health care system in the world.....that's why everybody says we have to "fix it".
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Election 2004

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:25 am

VHawk15 wrote:... the Democratic canidates and their chance against Bush in 2004?

Their chances? I'd say excellent.
How soon we forget the "hanging chads".

George W. Bush lost the popular vote in 2000, winning the electorial college and the closest election in U.S. history.
And that took 10 days to decide.

Why do you think we're in Iraq?
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk