Tebow or Schaub, SF or BAL, Flex/TE help. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Tebow or Schaub, SF or BAL, Flex/TE help. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tebow or Schaub, SF or BAL, Flex/TE help. WHIR

Postby SEAfense71 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:46 am

10 team league, standard scoring.

Schaub or Tebow? SF or BAL defense? Gronkowski or a questionable Hernandez/Davis? Battle at Flex or Jordy Nelson?

Week 9 Starters
QB: Matt Schaub vs CLE
RB: Matt Forte @ PHI
RB: DeMarco Murray vs SEA
WR: Jeremy Maclin vs CHI
WR: Santonio Holmes @ BUF
TE: Rob Gronkowski vs NYG
W/R: Jackie Battle vs MIA
K: John Kasay vs TB
DEF: San Francisco @ WAS

Bench:
QB Tim Tebow @ OAK
WR Andre Johnson (OUT)
WR Jordy Nelson @ SD
TE Fred Davis (Q) vs SF
TE Aaron Hernandez (Q) vs NYG
DEF Baltimore Ravens @ PIT
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tebow or Schaub, SF or BAL, Flex/TE help. WHIR

Postby Holein1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:48 am

Holein1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 am

Schaub. Tebow is the worst QB in the history of the league.

San Fran as they play a team that didnt score last week

Battle at Flex cause 20 touches is better than 2.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby 16FAC » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Tebow is so inconsistent that I would not even roster him. So take Schaub. Use SF D. Washington has struggled so badly on the offenseive side of the ball. Beck is not going to do much against them and they are really banged up at the receiver position. I like Gronkowski as well at TE. High scoring on tap in that one.

please help me
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=507193
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby main11 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:54 am

schaub
main11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nimzox » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks for your thoughts on mine. San Fran. and Schaub. Don't even consider Tebow.
nimzox
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby crazymike0907 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 am

I'd go with Schuab over Tebow anyday. Until Tebow shows he can be good consistantly (if he can be), then I wouldn't consider him.

While Baltimore and Pittsburgh always plays each other well, and Ravens D had a huge game week 1 against Steelers, I can't see it happening again, especially in Pitt this time. I think it'll be a low scoring game, so that could work well in Bal D favor. I think both D's will do well, but the San Fran matchup against the Redskins is just too good to pass up. Start SF with confidence.

As for the other two, New England will be pissed after losing to Pitt, so I think they'll light up the scoreboard, and I expect Gronk to get at least 1 TD. And i'd take Battle over Nelson. Both are okay at this position, but I expect more out of Battle then Nelson
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)

Postby SEAfense71 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Schaub. Tebow is the worst QB in the history of the league.

I'm not disputing the fact that Tebow isn't a good QB with anyone, but as far as fantasy - his rushing ability increases his value immensely. He scored 3 times as many fantasy points (24.76) as Schaub (8.76) and also outscored Brady in my other league. I was afraid if he he had a bad first half he'd be benched, hence why I didn't play him.

SF was the better play. So was Gronkowski at TE.

Nelson had a good game, and I went with Battle. I didn't think Miami would put up that many points on them, essentially forcing them to abandon the run. Nelson is really a hit or miss fantasy receiver as much as Rodgers spreads the ball around.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys.
SEAfense71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby curtk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:57 pm

SEAfense71 wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:Schaub. Tebow is the worst QB in the history of the league.

I'm not disputing the fact that Tebow isn't a good QB with anyone, but as far as fantasy - his rushing ability increases his value immensely. He scored 3 times as many fantasy points (24.76) as Schaub (8.76) and also outscored Brady in my other league. I was afraid if he he had a bad first half he'd be benched, hence why I didn't play him.

SF was the better play. So was Gronkowski at TE.

Nelson had a good game, and I went with Battle. I didn't think Miami would put up that many points on them, essentially forcing them to abandon the run. Nelson is really a hit or miss fantasy receiver as much as Rodgers spreads the ball around.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

I didn't see your post until today, but I would've also recommended Schaub, SF, Gronk, and Battle. Those looked like they had the best odds going into yesterday. If it's any consolation, I started Schaub over Tebow...and will lose because of it.

I don't understand the Tebow haters, but I was close to dropping him after his second start debacle. Now I think I'll drop Schaub (I don't need to carry 3 QBs and have Cam as my starter - I may end up dropping both Schaub and Tebow soon). Even in real football, Tebow is beginning to earn his way, after leading his team back to win two of his three starts. The in-between start was horrible, but he's a rookie, for crying out loud. He's still got a lot to learn. Maybe Cam's early success has everyone spoiled, but most QBs don't do well early in their careers, especially when they are thrown in as starters mid-season. If he holds onto the starting job and begins next year as the starter, he has to benefit from better planning for his type of play.

Of course, as many have pointed out, Tebow's value in fantasy is quite different than his value in real football. But we only need his real value to be good enough to continue to play so we can benefit from his fantasy value.

Good luck next week...
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Who to Start/Bench