Jerry Sandusky....... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry Sandusky.......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jerry Sandusky.......

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 pm

This is going to be a huge story. Number of victims is now up to 20.

The championship trophy that was going to be named after paterno and another football legend was supposed to be handed out for the first time this year. Today the family of the other guy said there was no way their name was going to be onthe same trophy as paterno's.

Through all of this joepa seems insensitive to the seriousness of what happened.

Story's going to get bigger

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:53 pm

I don't get how ANYONE can support JoePa after this. I know numerous people who go to Penn State and they are all in support of Joe Pa. The guy did absolutely NOTHING when he found out what Sandusky did. Great, he told the people ahead of him..so what. He should have taken the actions into his own hand and fired Sandusky's ass followed by Sandusky having the cops called on him.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:17 pm

As a father of 2, stories like these really hit me hard. To steal a childs innocence like that is equivolent to not having a soul. The victims can never forget and never fully recover from that experience. Even though its early in the investigation, we all know that Joe Pa knew it happened. Some will say its sad that such a great career is going to be ruined but more importantly, thats the time to step, be a real man, and no matter how hard it is to turn in a close friend, you have to do the right thing instead of keeping quiet. I appreciated the career and liked Joe Pa too, but man...how do you live with yourself knowing that shit went on?
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:I don't get how ANYONE can support JoePa after this. I know numerous people who go to Penn State and they are all in support of Joe Pa. The guy did absolutely NOTHING when he found out what Sandusky did. Great, he told the people ahead of him..so what. He should have taken the actions into his own hand and fired Sandusky's ass followed by Sandusky having the cops called on him.

I think that he was fired when they found out. The first time that he was investigated was following an incident in 1998. Sandusky then "retired" in 1999. At the time he was 55, in the prime of his coaching career and the designated successor to Paterno. Why would he retire from coaching at 55? They knew and people saying that Paterno was in the dark are fooling themselves. Even setting aside that the assistant coach told Paterno, the fact that Sandusky retired at this time shows that it was serious enough to cost the guy his job.

But then they did not report it to the police. I'm guessing that this was done to protect Penn and the football program. When the admission comes that the victims were sacrificed to protect the school and the team it's really going to hit the fan.

Then for the next 12 years they let him have unfettered access to the facilities and to bring his victims into the change room and to continue to prey on them in the school. This is where Paterno and the school should face some kind of prosecution.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LMack » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Not to make light of the situation, but...

Joe Paterno is the Dark Knight.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Paterno fired tonight by board, along with president. Had to happen, should have happened years ago.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-573 ... e-scandal/

Rot in vomit JoePa.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 am

And Joe Pa's canned. I know numerous people who go to PSU and I can't believe they are actually sticking up for this guy. All I know, is that Mcqueary needs to be fired as well.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Azrael » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 am

I am a Pitt grad that works in State College and it is difficult for me to reconcile the glee of Penn State's demise and the sorrow and sympathy I feel for the victims. Anyone with a heart privy to any of the information should have persisted in seeing what the authorities were doing with the information. All things were done to protect the perceived integrity of the program. They hoped this stuff would go away. Sandusky's keys were taken and he was told not to bring anymore kids onto Penn State facilities. What they were saying was, if you have to do what you do, don't do it here. It's just another example of the human condition. Sandusky's actions would have been a black eye on the program and the university a decade ago. They hoped it would go away. They'd rather, protect the program, the university, and it's (their) image rather than do what's right and face all that negative publicity. It could have happened anywhere. Cover ups about various crimes exist everywhere. Greedy bastards and perverts are everywhere. This just happened to be at Penn State. I would expect that most universities would have reacted the same way.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 am

Azrael wrote:Greedy bastards and perverts are everywhere. This just happened to be at Penn State. I would expect that most universities would have reacted the same way.

And that is what makes it so sad and the reason I am disgusted with the fans that are still in support of JoePa. They are the reason that the universities act this way to these type of cases. Maybe down the road you can look at JoePa as the coach and admire him as that but he is a disgrace and will always be a disgrace of a man for letting this go on.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Azrael wrote:Greedy bastards and perverts are everywhere. This just happened to be at Penn State. I would expect that most universities would have reacted the same way.

And that is what makes it so sad and the reason I am disgusted with the fans that are still in support of JoePa. They are the reason that the universities act this way to these type of cases. Maybe down the road you can look at JoePa as the coach and admire him as that but he is a disgrace and will always be a disgrace of a man for letting this go on.

What scares me now is wondering just how was it that the university allowed this to happen. That is, is there more that we don't know? Did Sandusky have some leverage to use against Penn State or JoePa to keep them from pursecuting him when they found out? It just doesn't make sense.

Oh, BTW, espn scawl saying that JoePa lawyering up. It would do my heart good to see him punished to the full extent of the legal system, be it prison or lawsuits from shocked angry people who cannot understand why JoePhoney could let that ba***rd touch them.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk