Jerry Sandusky....... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry Sandusky.......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jerry Sandusky.......

Postby D-backsFan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 am

McQueary still being there is a effing joke!! He saw a child being raped and did nothing!

He's the more to blame than JoPa (other than Sandusky)
D-backsFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmck » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

One thing I am having a hard time with is this happened in 2002. What caused this to come to light now?
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby dgan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Now I am hearing there are rumors they are investigating this as a sort of child trafficking situation - where not only was Sandusky and others disgusting, soul-less pervs - no, that they were also selling kids out to the highest bidder?!?! Are you &^#%&@^ kidding me????

That's just a rumor, but if there is even the slightest truth to it, you have to wonder how high this goes. Great, the board fired JoePa, but who is investigating the board members? What about other universities that maybe had ties to the children foundation? What about any NCAA officials that covered things up? I read today Texas is somehow involved (simply through association) in the investigation now because Sandusky took one of these kids to the Alamo Bowl.

Who knows how deep or how high this investigation goes. The fact that this can go on for the better part of two decades means there are countless people that either actively or passively learned or heard rumors of horrifying things, yet nothing happened until now.

This isn't just a college football or Penn State thing anymore. When all is said and done, this may be one of the saddest stories regarding children in our nation's history.

Some people better fry for this...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 pm

dgan wrote:Now I am hearing there are rumors they are investigating this as a sort of child trafficking situation - where not only was Sandusky and others disgusting, soul-less pervs - no, that they were also selling kids out to the highest bidder?!?! Are you &^#%&@^ kidding me????

That's just a rumor, but if there is even the slightest truth to it, you have to wonder how high this goes. Great, the board fired JoePa, but who is investigating the board members? What about other universities that maybe had ties to the children foundation? What about any NCAA officials that covered things up? I read today Texas is somehow involved (simply through association) in the investigation now because Sandusky took one of these kids to the Alamo Bowl.

Who knows how deep or how high this investigation goes. The fact that this can go on for the better part of two decades means there are countless people that either actively or passively learned or heard rumors of horrifying things, yet nothing happened until now.

This isn't just a college football or Penn State thing anymore. When all is said and done, this may be one of the saddest stories regarding children in our nation's history.

Some people better fry for this...

Regardless of the depth to this sick story, Penn State is at the crux of the issue. Lets hope that Sandusky was the only pedophile involved and only acted in his own interests. The University didn't do enough, if anything, to keep him off of campus and away from children. Should it be found (and for my money, right now) that the above rumor has any validity, I honestly don't know how the NCAA doesn't give the football program the death penalty. Halt the program until their is not one PSU employee left from the first hint of this scandal to present day. I know it sounds absurd, but when you are talking about institutional loss of control and protection of children, I don't think extrememe measures are unwarrented.
I am sorry for the innocent people at PSU, but too bad. If your pain now can do anything to ease the pain of those kids and their families, if it can bring societal justice, and mostly if it can assure that there is no mechinism in place to entrap and harm children in the future, you pain as a price for wiping that retched administration from Happy Valley is a bargain.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:07 pm

the whole situation is completely disgusting. i feel that everyone who knew about it and didnt try to stop it are almost (but still not at the ut-most d-dag level) as at fault . i hope they weed out everyone who was involved in this crap and that they all burn for it. i cant even imagine how many lives this has completely destroyed.

and then there are the students who protested at paternos firing...really??? thats ignornace in its purest form. maybe when they grow up and have kids of their own they will understand the magnitude of what transpired. its hard to imagine the human race has actually lost touch with reality that much that a football program has become more important than the well being of children and covering up a sex scandal. pathetic.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:17 pm

One thing that probably goes over your head unless you are from the area is that there are suspicions that former DA Ray Gricar had this on his desk years ago and he mysteriously disappeared without a trace in 2005 and is unaccounted for to this day.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Azrael wrote:One thing that probably goes over your head unless you are from the area is that there are suspicions that former DA Ray Gricar had this on his desk years ago and he mysteriously disappeared without a trace in 2005 and is unaccounted for to this day.

I'm sure it's completely unrelated (not). But on the other hand I'm sure DA's typically have lots of enemies. I mean - he didn't report it, so if he was being extorted I'm not sure what Sandusky/Penn St could have gained by "taking care of him". Revenge killing by the victim's family? All kind of scenarios, which may be a reason why it's unsolved.

It's a very odd coincidence.
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:
Azrael wrote:One thing that probably goes over your head unless you are from the area is that there are suspicions that former DA Ray Gricar had this on his desk years ago and he mysteriously disappeared without a trace in 2005 and is unaccounted for to this day.

I'm sure it's completely unrelated (not). But on the other hand I'm sure DA's typically have lots of enemies. I mean - he didn't report it, so if he was being extorted I'm not sure what Sandusky/Penn St could have gained by "taking care of him". Revenge killing by the victim's family? All kind of scenarios, which may be a reason why it's unsolved.

It's a very odd coincidence.

Were I a conspiracy theorist I could speculate that the DA left town with a pocket full of $$$ in agreement for not prosecuting the case. Never to be seen again as a part of said agreement.

I wonder if we will ever find out the truth and extent of invovement by others, and their ties to PSU.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slayer Rules » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I think a lot of this can be traced to outdated thinking at the administrative level.

It can only nicely be called "primitive" the way the PS Admin ran scared from this whole thing. I'd like to think a more media-savvy administration would have fired Sandusky immediately back in the 90's, dealt with the ensuing firestorm and moved on with their integrity and their head coach.

The "modern way" is that no one is truly sacred, and any hint of scandal will get you run. JoePa was one of the few remaining "living legend" types.

All of this - of course - implicates JoePa himself in this situation. He was at the center of this culture.
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:58 am

Slayer Rules wrote:I think a lot of this can be traced to outdated thinking at the administrative level.

It can only nicely be called "primitive" the way the PS Admin ran scared from this whole thing. I'd like to think a more media-savvy administration would have fired Sandusky immediately back in the 90's, dealt with the ensuing firestorm and moved on with their integrity and their head coach.

The "modern way" is that no one is truly sacred, and any hint of scandal will get you run. JoePa was one of the few remaining "living legend" types.

All of this - of course - implicates JoePa himself in this situation. He was at the center of this culture.

If you want to be sick, consider this; There was no reason for PSU administration not to persue prosecution on Sandusky unless they either wanted to keep it on the down low, in which case they most certainly would have demanded he never set foot in Happy Valley again. Since he was allowed to freely visit the athletic facilities, bringing victims with him, it appears obvious that someone (or ones) very high up was also involved in the pedophilia ring. One can also only come up with the logical conclusion that the Second Mile Club, because they also didn't insist that Sandusky disassociate himself from thier program, that they also had member(s) high up that were involved. That the DA involved with the case and his remarkable lack of persuit of this case, his subsequent disappearance suggests to me that he and perhaps others in the legal system were also involved on some level in this sick pedophile ring. I have already voiced my opinion on the disgusting JoPa and his inexcusable ignorance on this. I will go only as far as to say there I don't think he is a pedophile, but I also would not be surprised if we find out that he was. McQueary's mere existance at PSU strongly suggests a blackmailing that would indicate that there were more people involved than just Sandusky.
I have severe doubts that we will ever find out the whole of this sick situation. Biggest fear is that the Second Mile Club will not be prosecuted for their involvment and that whomever the powerful perverts who obstructed justice, allowed and or took part in this pedophile ring will never be brought to justice. Life imprisonment should be a minimum sentencing for all the sick people who took advantage of Second Mile opportunities and those who didn't do all they could to stop it once they learned of its existance. Sorry, JoPa, you should rot and die in prison, we know you did next to nothing at first and less than that as years of victims were raped in your shower rooms. If you had a decent bone in your body you should fess up to all you know and provide names of those who helped. It won't clear your name, nothing can - the damage is done, but it could help kids who's lives haven'y been destroyed by you or your sick circle of friends.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk