What's your greatest comeback story in fantasy football. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's your greatest comeback story in fantasy football.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Murray » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:47 am

One person in our league started off 0-5. They're now 7-6 and are definately in the playoffs if they win this week.
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby veritasdefender » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:42 am

I dont know about biggest comeback...but i'll tell you my most humiliating loss of the season...i was winning by 1 point, and the only player i had left to play was Travis Henry, (this was the week he played miami) week 2 or 3 I believe, anyways...he came in the game...gained like 5 yards, then he threw and interception and got injured...he got me -2 points for the interception and 0 points for his yardage..i lost by 1...what kinda crap is that
QB Pennington
WR C Johnson
WR S Smith
RB A Green
RB S Davis
TE Shockey
WR/RB L Tomlinson
K Kasay
DEF Carolina

Bench
QB Plummer
WR Muhammed
TE Brady
RB Davenport, Foster
Def NYJ
12 Team League
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby foreverabearsfan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:49 pm

veritasdefender wrote:I dont know about biggest comeback...but i'll tell you my most humiliating loss of the season...i was winning by 1 point, and the only player i had left to play was Travis Henry, (this was the week he played miami) week 2 or 3 I believe, anyways...he came in the game...gained like 5 yards, then he threw and interception and got injured...he got me -2 points for the interception and 0 points for his yardage..i lost by 1...what kinda crap is that

hahahaha, earlier in the season boldin threw me a pick. what a chump. actually just kidding anquan, nothing personal. however i can't complain because early in the season LT threw me a TD pass to brees (anyone remember that cool play?)
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:12 pm

I started 0-3 in one league this year, and ended up winning my division at 9-4 in a two division, 10 man league. 2nd place overall, and have a bye for first week of playoffs. Funny, I started my run somewhere around the time I started visiting the Cafe. Coincidence?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby NDIrish02 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:57 pm

I started 0-4, have won 8 of 9 (only loss was on a point adjustment), and will likely win this week in an easy match to get to 10-4, still only the 3 seed in the playoffs though. Hopefully the story will have a great ending!
NDIrish02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NDIrish02 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:03 pm

make that 9-5, 10-4 would have been nicer though!
NDIrish02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:31 pm

a few weeks ago I was updating my weekly roster while I had my girl bent over the desk...then right when i was bout to finish the editing...i pulled out...and WOW...talk about a COME back, lol

Friendliness: %

Postby veritasdefender » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:50 pm

sick sick sick
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AF » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:34 pm

This year my roommie started 2-4 and is now riding a 7 game win streak to the play-offs. I however went from 6-2 to 7-6 :-t I think I am going to change my team name to Nosedive.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ffchic » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:37 pm

12 Team Keeper League
I started this season 0-6. Mostly due to injuries and a disappointing draft (namely CGarner and EKennison). Did I give up??? Noway! I worked even harder. Studied, read and surfed my way through every fantasy site, and aquired midseason studs like DDavis and Rudi before anyone knew who they were. I HAVE WON THE LAST 7 STRAIGHT. ( a record in my league) I also have beat every #1 in each of the 3 Divisions.
I now have the #5 (of 7) slot in the playoffs, and have the 4th highest overall pts. I should be picking up my Coach of the Year awards anytime now...

QB: Peyton Manning ,(JHarrington)
RB: Edge, Dom.Davis, Rudi J., Charlie G
WR: C.Johnson, K.McCardell,JMcCareins
TE: Kleinsasser, MRicks
K: Akers/Jeff Reed
ffchic
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk