Inside Coach Schwartz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Inside Coach Schwartz

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Inside Coach Schwartz

Postby dream_017 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:27 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:I could stand losing the game, but the way the Lions are playing up to halftime shows a scarey resemblence to Lions of old. Coming off a bye week and playing dumb. Personal fouls, not playing through a fumble, kicking to Hester, and Stafford looking as confused as he has ever been. Looks like Schwartz simply didn't get his team prepared to play a game. Sucks Sucks Sucks. I want him to be a better coach, but this looks ametuerish out there. I fully expect them to open the second half with a delay of game penalty. I cannot tell you how mad and disappointed I am.

I too. I blame a lot of it on Schwartz. The whole game was a disaster from the opening fumble by CJ. I will cut a bit of slack as the new bye week rules limit football related activities and things that can be done during the bye week. It has not been mentioned a lot :-? If you look the teams coming off a bye playing a MNF opponent are 0-6 - my guess is that the new rules have something to do with that :-?

New rules, old rules, no difference. I've seen this Lions team before, led out by coach NimRod, Mooch, and now Schwartz. Lions led to slaughter by incompetent coaching. From not being prepared, to not altering game plan during game, to not being awake enough to realize that Chinadoll with a broken nail is a much worse option at QB than Hill, to a lack of understanding why teams don't punt to Hester.
Also troublesome was watching the Lions D exposed. It looked like our secondary is finally showing the cracks. Hope this was hidden by the embarrassing brawling that took place out there by two teams that seem to be building a genuine hatred for eachother. that may be the only good thing to come of this game.

A defense that gave up 1 TD and faced many short fields? If anything the defense kept them in the game up to the 2 INTs to open the second half. For right now I am going to chaulk it up to 1 bad game. Sure, expectations change, and I expect them to beat Carolina this week - if that happens we have a 7-3 team heading into Turkey Day - being in the playoff discussion that will start taking place. Having 3 losses to: a division rival on the road, a division leader(with only 1 loss) and a solid team that has made the playoffs the last few years and will contend again this year. I will take that every year at this point in the season. With that said if they go and lay an egg at home against the Panthers all bets are off and this team can be put under the microscope and torn to shreds for what might become a huge collapse. I don't think anyone expected a sure playoff spot this year. I wanted them in the discussion at Turkey Day and it is looking like that will happen, I also wanted/expected them to just be on the outside(based on their schedule) or just make the playoffs(with some breaks). I think we are going to see that and it will meet my expectations. Next year is when I expect them to make the playoffs and contend for the division or it is a disappointment. This team still has some growing to do, but they have turned around many of the bad records and started some good things for this franchise - it is too bad that Turkey day may end up like some of the last few just because we will be playing an undefeated team/defending Super Bowl champs. The schedule did not give us many breaks but for the most part I like sitting where we are(assuming a win this week)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Lets make no mistake about it, I am happy with the progress of this team. I couldn't have dreamed we'd have turned around as quickly as we have. Perhaps that is why it is so upsetting to see Schwartz showing signs of poor planning and judgment. As for the D, that secondary looked pretty vulnerable and I don't doubt that had the Bears needed to they could have marched down the field with relative ease. The D only gave up one TD, sure, but the Bears didn't need to press the issue. I felt our D played very sloppy against a team coming off a Monday game. More of a feeling than a statistically backed assertation.
For what its worth, I still think they beat the Pack on Thanksgiving. It just means more to the Lions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 am

moochman wrote:For what its worth, I still think they beat the Pack on Thanksgiving. It just means more to the Lions.

I am starting to think this more and more too. Just read a update that mentioned the Ford Field crowd as something that cannot be prepared for -- I will be there doing my part twice in 5 days ;-D ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:20 pm

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:For what its worth, I still think they beat the Pack on Thanksgiving. It just means more to the Lions.

I am starting to think this more and more too. Just read a update that mentioned the Ford Field crowd as something that cannot be prepared for -- I will be there doing my part twice in 5 days ;-D ;-D

Counting on you buddy ;-D

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:14 am

Schwartz needs to really crack the whip on guys taking so many stupid penalties that are proving to be their downfall.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:08 pm

stomperrob wrote:Schwartz needs to really crack the whip on guys taking so many stupid penalties that are proving to be their downfall.

He had his chance but I don't recall any admonishments toward Suh. That was the perfect time to send a clear message. The thing is, I think that Schwartz would rather they play dirty than not. Gives him an excuse for why things aren't working, deflects away from the truth that the coach isn't ready to complete for the big time yet.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:54 am

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Schwartz needs to really crack the whip on guys taking so many stupid penalties that are proving to be their downfall.

He had his chance but I don't recall any admonishments toward Suh. That was the perfect time to send a clear message. The thing is, I think that Schwartz would rather they play dirty than not. Gives him an excuse for why things aren't working, deflects away from the truth that the coach isn't ready to complete for the big time yet.

Yeah, Schwartz was on NFL Network the other day saying the Lions don't have a discipline problem. They sure look undisciplined to me compared to their opponents.With today's rules in the NFL ya can't intimidate the other team by playing like the Raiders of old - they need to realize you can still intimidate by playing hard and hitting hard without being dirty and other bonehead things that result in penalties.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions