Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer

Postby FFPrep » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey guys, I have a Trade Analyzer at http://ffprep.com/fantasy-football-tools/trade-analyzer/ that you should check out. Let me know what you think.
FFPrep
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer

Postby mtculp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Yahoo! does the same thing listing the optimum point differential week by week, but that is not a realistic measure of a trade. For example: I just offered a trade of Matt Schaub and Vernon Davis for Jimmy Graham and Antonio Brown. Your analyzer tells me I am losing 39 points and not to make the trade. However, what your analyzer cannot know is that my starting QB is Matthew Stafford and I would never play Matt Schaub anyway. His larger projected points are just wasted on my bench. In other words, it cannot take account of the needs of the parties. Also, the "remaining points" for Vernon Davis are based on assumptions that are not coming true, i.e. Davis is a top 5 TE. The point conjecture is subjective. Sorry, but I do not find it very useful.
mtculp
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 10)

Postby FFPrep » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

The Trade Analyzer works for starting players. If you are not going to start Schaub then that is for you to figure out on your own. As a whole, it projects out the players points using they players ppg this year, last year, as well as the defenses that the player is going to face and the depth chart of the team the player is on. I am sorry that you do not find it useful, but that is your opinion. It is my hope that the rest of the web that Google's Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer will find it useful.
FFPrep
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mtculp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Any tool that will help guys make difficult decisions is a great thing! It may not help in my situation, but may be exactly what someone else needs to get over the hump. You asked for opinions and I gave mine. That doesn't mean it can't be totally useful to someone else and, therefore, thank you for your hard work!
mtculp
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FFPrep » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:05 pm

well I appreciate the feedback. I should probably add a disclaimer saying something about the fact that it assumes you are starting everyone involved..
FFPrep
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mtculp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Good idea.
mtculp
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 pm

I think a cool feature to add would be if you could input your scoring settings and it would figure out their projections based on that. For example trading in a PPR league or a 6 point passing TD could make a difference in how even a trade would be. Or if not, you should clarify the scoring settings for the projections you are giving.

Otherwise, its a cool feature. Thanks for sharing.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 243)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions